Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Wanna take a ride on Expedition Everest?

Wanna take a ride on Expedition Everest?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post January 19th, 2006, 2:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Dude Disney is a family park, this is as intense as they could make it while still being suitable for some younger riders. The layout might not look special, and it might not sound special as its a family ride, but TBH one of my favourite coasters is a family coaster, Spinball whizzer at alton is such a crazy surprise once you ride it. I think people under estimate rides just because they are suitable for some younger people aswell.

IMO EE looks astoundingly good, and it is WAY up there on my "want to ride" list! Not just for the coaster, for the whole experience. Nothing can pull off an attraction like Disney can! The themeing, the effects, and the ride, all put together just look phenomenal. This is easily the best ride of its type. I think Disney have pulled it off superbly. They dpont want the big thrillers, they have TOT and RaRC, and that will do for them, as they revolve around a family experience. If anyone wants a coaster, when they are in florida, you go to Universal, or Busch Gardens, not disney. Disney do what they do the best, nothing can take that away from them.

Post January 19th, 2006, 2:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Yes, see, i'm seesawing now, which isn't good, but that is true.

It does look incredible as an experience, theming etc. I guess i just thought it was going to be a major thrill ride, and it isn't quite that from what i can see. I know it's a family park, but like you say, there are a couple of big(ish) rides, and i figured this'd be the one. Oh well, i'll be quiet now.

Post January 19th, 2006, 2:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

^ I really wish it was one of the HUGE rides too [lol] But i still think it looks amazing whatever [lol]

Post January 19th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Well I am not dissapointed I like how you put it jp. He is right it is a family park, and the ride is just the icing on the cake. The whole part of the park the themeing, the town, thats the reason of the epidition. But I am going in April (12-17) I will do a long report for the whole trip!!!

Post January 19th, 2006, 7:07 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Time to get out the checkbook and start planning that trip to Coaster Con XXIX...

Post January 20th, 2006, 1:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

Post January 20th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Yeah, what Jpecool said. The ride is designed for children, not enthusiasts. It's a family park, so having a 200ft coaster with 90 degree drops and several inversion really wouldnt do much good for the kids. It's a family ride meant for the whole family and not just thrill seekers

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions