Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Weird .env file trick

Weird .env file trick

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post June 27th, 2007, 10:16 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Well I'm sure most people here know about and have the nolimits.cfg file that adjusts the values at which your g-force readings change color. Well, took me long enough, but today I was bored, and just found that you can insert these commands into .env files, and they override the defaults, and even the .cfg file itself. With this, one can deter those who aren't careful when rating and cause them to miss a bad g force level. (though it's usually hard to) On the other hand, it can correct g-force readings for specific rides, and for excessive defaults. (the default settings red out at around 5 vertical g's, which is perfectly safe as long as it doesn't have a long duration) Rest is only about the .cfg file.

If you don't know what the .cfg file is nor how to use it, it's quite simple. Just create a new file in notepad, save it under the NL root folder (same place where the sim and editor are), and name it nolimits.cfg. Insert the following in the file and adjust as necessary. (these are just the values that I use)

sim.vertg.posyellowlimit = 5.9
sim.vertg.posredlimit = 6.7
sim.vertg.negyellowlimit = -1.2
sim.vertg.negredlimit = -1.6
sim.latg.yellowlimit = 1.6
sim.latg.redlimit = 2.1
sim.accg.yellowlimit = 4.1
sim.accg.redlimit = 4.8

Return to No Limits Coaster