Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions what do you see in the future

what do you see in the future

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 27th, 2004, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
and boulder dash has a trick-track wich isnt very common these days [;)]

Post February 27th, 2004, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
Though boulderdash's tricktrack is more cute then anything else. ;)

Post February 28th, 2004, 10:28 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

It's been a while since I voiced my opinion in this heated battle, but I have heard enough now that it is time for me to jump back in. Yeah, wood is awesome. As with most coaster enthusiasts, I definitely like wood better than steel. However, picture a coaster world without steel. There would be only a few basic types of coaster layouts: twister, out and back, racing, dueling, out-and-back twister, and terrained. These are just about every type of track layout a woodie can achieve. Without steel rides there would be no launched coasters, no inverted coasters, no multielement coasters, no floorless coasters, and the scariest thought of them all: every coaster over 200 feet tall would have to be like Son Of Beast. Sure, I like wood better, but where would we be without steel coasters. There would have been no second golden age of te roller coaster without steel coasters. There would be no way to soar 420 feet into the air at 120 mph, no way to take a near-vertical 310 ft plunge, no way to flip upside down and get that nice little disorientation feeling, and no way to blast off to the sky with a rocket worth of launch force pressing you against your seat. Sure, the experience on a wood coaster is reckless and out of control, but I could not imagine if there were no steel coasters. Just because of the diversity. A little bit of everything is what makes each park so unique. Well, that's my opinion at least.

Post February 29th, 2004, 12:01 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

i totally think your right a wold without steel coasters s like a world without money (or something like that)

Post February 29th, 2004, 12:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
a world without money would be a better place.. i'd think a world without steel coasters would be more like a world without... men

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions