Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion What music do you listen to?

What music do you listen to?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 6th, 2006, 10:09 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by Princess_G

I listen to Level 42, The Police, Talking Heads, U2, Depeche Mode, Robert Miles, Tangerine Dream, Down To The Bone,Paul Hardcastle and Mark King just to name a few. [;)]
I'm a huge tangerinedream fan, in my world there's lots of "can" people, but then after that there's two types of people.. "kraftwerk " fans and "tangerine dream" fans
i like kraftwerk, but the deliberateness of tangerine dream's lack of rythm in theier earlier work, particularly 'alpha centauri" and "phaedra", and even "stratosfear" coupled with a completely unacedemic aproach to the early concepts of electronic music and wonderful guitar wierdness and drums that followed second to the music rather than the other way around, they've been a huge influence on my work, and i'm defineately a "tangerine dream person" wierd that i'd find reference to them in the mainstream.. then again they did do a couple of sountrax so they might be known for more than i assocuiate with...

Post March 6th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,285.00 Points

I like songs that feature rock qualities, repetitive melodic phrasing, electric instrumentation, minor key tonality and electric guitar riffs.

Post March 6th, 2006, 10:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

It's GREAT to see so many lists with wildly diverse types of music on them!

I'll break mine down by genre:

ROCK: Kiss, AC/DC, Spin Doctors, Fastball

MODERN ROCK: REM, Flaming Lips, Poe

OLDIES: Beatles, Monkees, Led Zepplin, Spike Jones and the City Slickers

QUIRKY: Bonzo Dog Doo-dah Band, Sparks, Weird Al Yankovic

NEW WAVE: Pet Shop Boys, New Order, Anything Box, most of the one-hit-wonders from the 80s

ELECTRO POP: Depeche Mode, Erasure, Trio, Nena, Yaz

HIP HOP: Will Smith, Edelweiss

SKA: Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Madness

CLASSICAL: "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff. Mozart, Beethoven

UNCLASSIFYABLE: Afro-celt Sound System, Mannheim Steamroller, Was (not Was)

I get a lot of stuff from iTunes, since I like many SONGS from almost every genre, but rarely like everything on an album from ANY genre.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion