Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions What's So Great About Intimidator?

What's So Great About Intimidator?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 19th, 2011, 3:10 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Intimidator at Carowinds- Looks cool, don't get me wrong, but I noticed a couple of times people were commenting on it being the best B&M Hyper, how great it is in general and being worthy of a near top roller coaster position. General large amounts of praise have been offered to Intimidator. My question is simply why? It doesn't look so special, in fact mediocre and inferior to other B&Ms especially considering the lacking second half.

I am by no means spiting at Intimidator, I just want to know what's so especially great about it compared to other Hypers.

Post September 19th, 2011, 3:11 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Carowinds fanboys are about as dumb as Johnny Richey's American Eagle fetish, but with the whole park. They pulled the same stunt with the Borg ride because it had the ball thing.

If anything it might be the worst B&M hyper but that is debatable.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 19th, 2011, 3:14 pm

Ahhhh... That is a reasonable explanation for the fishy hype.

Post September 19th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
It is a great ride...I have been on Nitro, Apollo, Intimidator and Behemoth, and I would say it is the 3rd best of that group behind Nitro and Apollo. Very similar to Behemoth too. I know someone who thinks it is by far the best of the B&M hypers as well (not a Carowinds fanboy btw).

Post September 19th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Carowinds fanboys are about as dumb as Johnny Richey's American Eagle fetish, but with the whole park. They pulled the same stunt with the Borg ride because it had the ball thing.

If anything it might be the worst B&M hyper but that is debatable.

*Jonny Richey.....

You should really learn to respect other people's opinions..... the great majority of people I know LOVE the American Eagle.

Now that Iron Wolf is gone, it's the only REALLY good ride in the park.

Demon is good, but Raging Bull and Viper are very tame, Superman is boring as hell, and Batman is good, but causes grey-outs.
American Eagle Lover

Post September 19th, 2011, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
"Raging Bull and Viper are very tame"

Says the one that promotes a ride that has three hills, mile-long helix, and slow hills following.

Oops.

Post September 19th, 2011, 4:55 pm

How can you consider the American Eagle tame???? Thar's like saying Maverick is tame because it has too many flat turns.....

Plus Eagle has more airtime than any other ride in the park.....
American Eagle Lover

Post September 19th, 2011, 5:03 pm

Originally posted by Jonny Richey

How can you consider the American Eagle tame???? Thar's like saying Maverick is tame because it has too many flat turns.....

OMG you're right. I'm pretty defeated right now, especially since Maverick was such a perfect example for your argument.

Post September 19th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I fully agree American Eagle is pretty tame overall. The out run is great, but that's only two hills worth of real good quality ride IMO. As I remember, the rest is pretty slow, a lot rougher, and seems pointless, especially in relation to the start. Definitely nothing special after the first couple hills.

Post September 19th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

How can you consider the American Eagle tame????

1. It has three different brakes on each side before the final brakes. The only runs two trains each side.
2. After each brake run you get the wrong kind of laterals (you feel like you're falling to the left on a left turn. A fast turn with laterals will make you force you to the right of the car), which indicates that it's going TOO SLOW.
3. Incredibly long trains don't allow for crazy G's.
4. The drop radius is wider than Madame Saddlebag's hips. It's like RCCA wide, which is not necessary.
5. It's "fun", but it doesn't knock your socks off.

Now I know you're going to tell me that I haven't had the "right" ride or whatever, but I'm 23 years old right now and I went on that ride when I was 5 (height requirements don't exist to my parents cause they're awesome).

You're still in high school and the people of a certain religion who shall be not be mentioned haven't compared what college they're going to with the college you're attending to make themselves feel like they're better than you, so I can safely assume you're under the age of 18 and haven't applied yet.

Considering the above, that means I've been riding the ride since before your parents had the sex that made you. I've been on it in its glory days or whatever, been on it in rain, been on it cold, been on it hot, been on it in all of the weather and temperature conditions you can think of, and it doesn't deliver a super intense ride. Pulling the ride experience card on me will be an unsuccessful endeavor. This is something you need to deal with like an adult, since in your current state I may as well read a book aloud to a piece of sheetrock.

Another bombshell for you:
Any time the brakes have been "off" it's because the train was going too slow for a variety of possible reasons (it has antirollbacks for a reason), so the brakes just simply didn't activate. It doesn't make financial sense to arbitrarily totally turn off the brakes one day and then have them slamming hard the next. Budgeting doesn't work like that.

Mods: Sorry to go off topic but this fanboyism is getting completely ridiculous.

Also regarding Intimidator I always looked at it and thought it just had the stupidest layout however I've never actually been on it. It may very well be better than Raging Bull but based on appearances and not experience I always thought it would be a brutal fight to the death between Raging Bull and Intimidator. As far as Carowinds goes, at least it wasn't a Morgan.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 19th, 2011, 6:05 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post September 19th, 2011, 6:27 pm

I think I'm going to buy a premium account simply for using the "bookmark post" feature once.

Also, reading the signature after that rant was hilarious lol.

Post September 19th, 2011, 6:38 pm

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

How can you consider the American Eagle tame????

1. It has three different brakes on each side before the final brakes, one is almost never on, and the other two lightly trim. It runs two trains each side, which gives a GREAT capacity compared to most coasters.
2. After each brake run you get the wrong kind of laterals (you feel like you're falling to the left on a left turn. A fast turn with laterals will make you force you to the right of the car), which indicates that it's going TOO SLOW. don't notice if you get the wrong kind of laterals, since the ride only banks 5-10 degrees at most....
3. Incredibly long trains don't allow for crazy G's... wait, what? the trains are normal length.... and it's designed for simply speed and airtime.
4. The drop radius is wider than Madame Saddlebag's hips. It's like RCCA wide, which is not necessary..... but who cares because there is plenty of airtime elsewhere in the ride.
5. It's "fun", but it doesn't knock your socks off, besides the insane speed and ejector hill out of the helix.

Now I know you're going to tell me that I haven't had the "right" ride or whatever, but I'm 23 years old right now and I went on that ride when I was 5 (height requirements don't exist to my parents cause they're awesome). I clearly haven't had the right ride on it, considering my arguments above. I must be unlucky, cause it runs trimless %98 of the time.

You're still in high school and the people of a certain religion who shall be not be mentioned haven't compared what college they're going to with the college you're attending to make themselves feel like they're better than you, so I can safely assume you're under the age of 18 and haven't applied yet. I think I'm better than you cause I'm older.

Considering the above, that means I've been riding the ride since before your parents had the sex that made you. I've been on it in its glory days or whatever, been on it in rain, been on it cold, been on it hot, been on it in all of the weather and temperature conditions you can think of, and it doesn't deliver a super intense ride. Pulling the ride experience card on me will be an unsuccessful endeavor. This is something you need to deal with like an adult, since in your current state I may as well read a book aloud to a piece of sheetrock. Please admit your opinions are WRONG!!!

Another bombshell for me:
Any time the brakes have been "on" for more than a week was because of the blue side running backwards (which damages the tracks), so so maintenance turned them on. It doesn't make financial sense to arbitrarily totally turn off the brakes one day and then have them slamming hard the next. Budgeting doesn't work like that. Actually, the brakes are off almost %98 of the time.

Mods: Sorry to go off topic but this free speech is getting completely ridiculous.

fixed.

You really look like a dumbass, claiming your opinions are "facts".

I don't mind you having your own opinions about the ride, but you trying to get the rest of the site to believe it SUCKS, then making me try to "admit" to your opinions, makes you look like a complete idiot.
American Eagle Lover

Post September 19th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Not to be an asshole, Jonny, but, you are trying to get the whole site to believe that Tiger terror and AE are the best rides ever....see pic below...

Image Insert:
10.5 KB
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post September 19th, 2011, 6:58 pm

No offense Jonny but I think this is one of the few times that we will all agree with Coasterkid's opinions and not appreciate your refutations.

On the other hand you're all trolls because this topic is NOT about American Eagle and Jonny Bitchy!

Post September 19th, 2011, 8:17 pm

^ Agreed. And as far as Intimidator goes Coasterkid, The layout is basically Behemoth but has that helix at the end instead of right out of the brake run. I don't think it is as good as Apollo or Nitro, and I havn't ridden Bull, but just looking at it would make me think Intimidator is better just because Bull has less hills and more turns (although I could be totally wrong).

Post September 20th, 2011, 2:07 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Judging only from the pov, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTl7Vdy9j0Q

I think it has one of the best B&M hyper layouts. The curved second drop looks great, as well as the interwined turnaround, which looks like it should feel faster and stronger than most B&M turnarounds. Additionally, the airtime on hills (again, just from POV) looks stronger than on some other B&Ms.
On a side note, the worst B&M hyper has to be Silver Star.

Post September 20th, 2011, 8:39 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I think the second drop would feel similar to nitro's but just an extra turn. Overall I think its a nice layout, I just think the part after the MCBR is too short
What are these for?

Post September 20th, 2011, 9:09 am

It's similar to Nitro's turn, but Nitro's drops andd banks at the same time, so you get airtime as you get turned, where as Intimidator's gets to the top for some floater and banks before it starts to drop.

http://rcdb.com/1106.htm?p=5317
http://rcdb.com/8588.htm?p=29593

Although from different angles, you can see how Nitro's drops and banks simultaneously while Timmy's banks a little first and is much more drawn out. Similar yes, yet a little different.

Post September 20th, 2011, 10:18 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
jonny and CK, take this to pm's or anywhere that isn't here.

Post September 20th, 2011, 5:52 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
^We should make a topic to finish this finally.Its getting ridiculous.

Post September 20th, 2011, 8:16 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Originally posted by Pad
... I think it has one of the best B&M hyper layouts...

I thought that Diamondback had a better layout than Intimidator.It does almost everything that Intimidator does plus another helix before the mcbr.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 20th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
Never ridden Intimidator, but I have ridden Apollo and Diamondback; and those two are seriously hard to beat coasters. I'd be really surprised if it was better than either one, especially Apollo.

Post September 21st, 2011, 12:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I've been on Diamondback, Nitro, and Behemoth, and my order places Behemoth first and Diamondback second. If that trend keeps up with Intimidator, I'd guess it would lie somewhere between DB and Nitro. I don't really know what all the fuss about Nitro is. I thought it was rather boring, to be honest. Yes, the helix was a blast, but that was about it. I couldn't even really feel the airtime on the hills most of the time. But whatever, it'll probably be another few years at least before I get to ride Intimidator.

Post September 21st, 2011, 12:45 pm

^Interesting Behemoth is better than Diamondback for you. How much better would you say Behemoth is than DB? And why exactly?

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions