Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions What's So Great About Intimidator?

What's So Great About Intimidator?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 21st, 2011, 1:21 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I wouldn't say it's a lot better, but it is a significant difference in my opinion. I'm not really sure why, to be honest. I think I was expecting a ride experience effectively identical to DB, and what I got wasn't quite the same. Fewer turns around the track, the return run along the pond, the double helix instead of the weak helices on DB, etc. It was subtle changes, but they made a difference, at least to me.

Post September 21st, 2011, 1:35 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I am making myself get somewhere with a really good B&M Hyper sometime very soon. I think I'm gonna choose King's Island for Diamondback but also because of all the other roller coasters it has, but honestly, just you saying the double helix on Behemoth is better than the helices on DB makes me want to ride Behemoth over DB ha. Kinda. I'm not sure either.

I don't think I'll be choosing Carowinds for Intimidator though, lol

Post September 21st, 2011, 2:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
KI has Beast which is awesome...and Firehawk I loved...some people hate the Vekoma flyers but I enjoy them.

Carowinds has one of the best Boomerangs in Carolina Cobra and Afterburn is very underrated and arguably the best B&M invert out there. Both parks have a few very good coasters and then a decent collection after them.

Post September 21st, 2011, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

I am making myself get somewhere with a really good B&M Hyper sometime very soon. I think I'm gonna choose King's Island for Diamondback but also because of all the other roller coasters it has, but honestly, just you saying the double helix on Behemoth is better than the helices on DB makes me want to ride Behemoth over DB ha. Kinda. I'm not sure either.

I don't think I'll be choosing Carowinds for Intimidator though, lol

haha well don't get me wrong: Diamondback is a great ride. In fact, I stopped at Kings Island on my way back from Holiday World just to ride it. If you've never been to KI, it's worth a visit; Beast is a lot of fun - not fantastic in my opinion, but still fun, and Flight Deck is great for as short as it is. If I had to choose which park to go to for the first time (between KI and Wonderland), I have to say it'd be tough for me to choose...so good luck with that lol

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions