Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster What was your first Roller coaster?

What was your first Roller coaster?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post August 19th, 2009, 12:23 am

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
Twisted Twins @ SFKK, and then Chang a few months later.

Post August 19th, 2009, 12:25 am

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

^Aw, I loved TT, too bad they're going to take it down. SFKK is going down the tube.

Post August 22nd, 2009, 1:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points

Post August 22nd, 2009, 2:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,028.00 Points

Post August 23rd, 2009, 4:24 am

Points on hand: 965.00 Points
My first coaster was in Europa Park, Schweizer Bobbahn .

Post August 28th, 2009, 4:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,126.00 Points
I think my first big coaster was Tornado at Adventureland outside of Des Moines, Iowa.

The park really isn't all that good but it sure seemed like it when I was 10! [:D]

Post August 28th, 2009, 4:32 pm

Points on hand: 761.00 Points
I really think that this topic is about NoLimits coasters, guys, seeing as how it is in the NoLimits forum.

Post August 29th, 2009, 4:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,060.00 Points
No, it's really about real life coasters. Maybe the thread should be moved. [shrug]

My first coaster was the Clipper at Geauga Lake Park, later renamed the Big Dipper. And there's a story in that...

It was the company picnic, and my parents allowed me to invite my then-best friend to come along with us. For a couple of days before the big event, he regaled me with stories of gruesome deaths on roller coasters, all of which he had later ridden (presumably, after they'd cleaned up the mess). I didn't think they could be all that much dangerous, since I had been to the park several times and had never seen an accident of any kind.

At earlier visits, my parents had always taken me around to ride various rides, and they just weren't roller coaster people, so I'd seen the roller coaster, but never ridden it. This time, my friend and I were deemed old enough to look after ourselves, and were warned to be back at the picnic table by lunch.

We took off, systematically riding everything in the park. Sometimes we knew what we were getting into, sometimes we didn't. I saw a line for something called the "Clipper", and we got into it. As we neared the station, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was the line for the "Big Roller Coaster". Finally!

My friend started seeming reluctant, which I thought was odd for someone who had ridden just about every ferocious killer roller coaster in 3 or 4 states. But, I was so thrilled to finally be riding the "Big Roller Coaster" that I just didn't pay much attention.

Well, we finally got on, and I thought the view from the top was really cool. I thought I was going to fly out of the seat during the first drop, but after that the ride was just pure thrill. I was one happy little camper when we got off, gushing about what a great time I'd had and saying that we had to do that again!

That's when I noticed my friend was turning green, and needed to find some bushes to practice dry heaving. He swore up and down that he was never going to do that again. I started to suspect that maybe he wasn't the stalwart roller coaster veteran that he'd claimed he was.

Nothing I could say or do could coax him back on that ride that day, and the next year, I had a new best friend. This video is from years later, but you get the idea.

Post August 31st, 2009, 6:33 am

Points on hand: 1,428.00 Points

Post September 5th, 2009, 1:36 am

Points on hand: 932.00 Points
my first major coaster was shockwave at SFOT. it is still a fav of mine all these years later.

Post September 5th, 2009, 2:20 am

Points on hand: 1,047.00 Points
The Beast at Kings Island. Still one of the best wooden coasters. With two pull hills and a 4 min ride this is great coaster

Post September 15th, 2009, 6:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,075.00 Points
Batman:The Ride at Six Flags Great Adventure... im still addicted to that ride

Post September 17th, 2009, 11:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,224.00 Points

Post September 23rd, 2009, 10:43 am

Points on hand: 508.00 Points

Post September 25th, 2009, 12:45 pm

Points on hand: 115.00 Points
my first real coaster was colossos in heide park germany when i was 9 i was 4 years too old but the crew dont know it... its a hard starter coaster i know

Previous

Return to No Limits Coaster