Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion which company

which company

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

which company

B&M
32%
Intamin
28%
arrow
6%
vekoma
16%
cci
2%
dinn and summers
No votes
gerstluer
6%
gravity group
6%
gci
No votes
Togo
2%
miler
No votes
morgan
No votes
ptc
No votes
premier
No votes
schwarzkopf
2%

Total votes : 50

Post March 18th, 2007, 9:21 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
For wood I would have to say Intamin and S&S. Intamin p&p woodies are just awesome. And I rode Avalanche last summer, and it really impressed me, more than the CCI and GG coasters. Those where ok, but they didn't have any of that insane relentless feel from Avalanche.

For steel I would have to go with B&M and intamin. Don't know why everyone seem to hate them these days, as some of their rides are great. I agree that some of the newer Beemers have been a bit diseapointing (silver Bullet anyone) but I still think many of their former coasters are among the best ever built. Nemesis is my absolute favorite out of the coasters I've ridden, with Xcelerator and Speed monster in a close tied second. I would also like to mention Maurer Sohne, which in their spinners make some of the most fun coasters out there.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post March 18th, 2007, 9:36 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Gerstlauer's impressed me these past few years (aside from their wood coaster cars). Their Eurofighter coasters are very innovative.

Though I can't forget my old favorites- Intamin, CCI, and Gravity Group. Intamin for self-explanatory reasons, CCI because they were freakin awesome while they lasted, and Gravity Group because they're a breath of fresh air for wooden coasters (yawn GCI).

I don't see Maurer S?????????hne on that list...

Post March 18th, 2007, 10:49 am

Points on hand: 1,478.00 Points

Post March 18th, 2007, 12:50 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

The only thing i don't like about intamin is that they focus on speed and height. I like b&m because they stick to more fun designs and are not always trying to break records.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post March 18th, 2007, 2:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

That's not always the case...look at Maverick for example...pretty tiny. I know there's a 70 mph launch, but it breaks no records or anything, and looks like soooo much fun!

Post March 18th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Points on hand: 89.00 Points

hmm I love each one for their different reasons, I even like Vekoma for their innovations over the years eg boosterbikes and Expedition everest. For ride quality I prefer B&M above all else but I think Intamin have pushed the boundaries of technology more in terms of speed and launches and I think Intamin's style is the most attractive to look at. As for the woodie companies they're all doing great stuff. I love schwarzkopf above all because his coasters were so innovative and had wonderful curves and ride compared to arrow's efforts of the same era, and the Bullet OMG what a genius ride!

Post March 18th, 2007, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by coasterguy77

That's not always the case...look at Maverick for example...pretty tiny. I know there's a 70 mph launch, but it breaks no records or anything, and looks like soooo much fun!

This is true but recently most of there coasters are like millinum force, i have yet to ride it and im sure im going to get bashed for that but i really start feeling extreme crushing force at 70 m.p.h and when there constructing theses super bad coasters that excede 70 all the time you get my point. What happened to eighty foot tall 3 inversions coasters. Inta almost never does inversions. Aww now i miss arrow[:(]. At least theres vekoma.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion