Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Which Flying coaster is best?

Which Flying coaster is best?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post November 20th, 2003, 11:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,560.00 Points

Hi there again, fellow coaster friends :)

I recently posted a new topic 'Which Nemesis is best? refering to Nemesis at Alton Towers and Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park.

Alot of the replies stated that all B&M coasters were the same, one even said they were so similar you could close your eyes on both rides and it would be almost impossible to tell which one you were on.

The only B&M coasters I've been on have all been at Alton Towers 'Nemesis, Air & Oblivion' and I think they are all very unique and each give you a totally different thrill and level of excitement.

Now I'm very curious to know from people which have riden both B&M flying coasters. Air at Alton Towers and Superman - Ultimate Flight at 6 Flags over Georgia, which is best?

Not that I have the money to fly over to America any time soon hehehe, but hopefully I will be able to come on holiday to visit America's best theme parks sometime in the future coz it's something I've always dreamed of.

Post November 21st, 2003, 12:09 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

those don't even come close.

S:UF is hundreds of times better than air. Air is suposed to just be just a relaxing ride or something.

Post November 21st, 2003, 12:52 am

Points on hand: 2,560.00 Points

S:UF certainly looks alot taller.

Probably because of the crap restrictions Alton Towers has to adhear too like not having any rides that are taller then the tree lines.

However, this height restriction worked out to Nemesis advantage making the ride more intense due to the fact its built into a huge hole in the ground.

Doesn't the same apply to Air? Surley this must make it scarier than S:UF since your flying alot lower and just missing the ground at some points (including the people standing in the queue hehehe)

Post November 21st, 2003, 4:02 pm

you feel like your gonna hit the ground on S:UF a couple of times even though when you watch, its a lot higher than the ground.

But the Pretzel Loop itself just kills Air in terms of intensity.

Post November 21st, 2003, 4:47 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

no imo AIR was the biggest coaster let down for me since well ever. I watched the progress of the ride being constructed non-stop and really thought it looked awesome. I remember going there the week after it opened. I got to the park at dead-on 8:30 for XART. And before i even gotto air there was 2 hour queues. When i first got on, first impressions was good, first bad point was that it nearly broke down on the lift twice, and then it got worse from there on in. The ride was dull and boring, and really wasnt much different from some of the baby rides. I mean the ride would be fun for first timers, but for me it was just dull.
On the other hand when i saw S:UF is was taken away compared to air it looks top class.... and i dont have much else to say so yeah........

Post November 21st, 2003, 4:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
I haven't been on a flying coaster,but to me S:UF looks awesome.

Post November 21st, 2003, 11:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

IMO, X-Flight, Batwing, etc.(Vekoma flyers) are way better. S:UF is a great ride, but the VF's are still much better.

Post November 22nd, 2003, 12:37 am

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

Rider+Vekoma Ride=Death[xx(] S:UF is the best! Nothing, and i mean NOTHING comes close to the feeling you get on that pretzel loop!

Post November 22nd, 2003, 3:43 am

yeah, the loop on X-Flight.

The Vekoma Flying Dutchmans are WAY better. They aren't rough, and they are way more intense than B&M flyers. The Flying Dutchmans have lats also.

I don't go on coasters to sleep, I go on them for thrill and intensity.

Post November 22nd, 2003, 5:39 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Yeah Air is so realxing, you could literally go to sleep on it. Not intense at all(i was dissapointed)

Post November 22nd, 2003, 10:57 am

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

You have to remember that Air was not designed to be an intense thrill machine. It's purpose was to simulate flying!

Post November 22nd, 2003, 7:04 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
ive never ridden one but suf looks a lot better because it stays upside down and simulate's flying(Ive never seen a bird fly on it's back lol)

Post November 24th, 2003, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

X-Flight! I know I'm bias to SFWOA but the Vekoma's are Smashing! I mean starting off on your back has some sort of special effect or something because the 180 at the top of the hill is very cool. It's like your flipped into flying position even though some people don't consider it a flying but a lay-down coaster but i think they are the same.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions