Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Wing Rider Concept - Raven's Revenge (Update 1st Post)

Wing Rider Concept - Raven's Revenge (Update 1st Post)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
Damn this ride is taking a lot more time than I thought. Here's an update. I have the station and lift done, now to get the supports up. New element addition, upwards helix w/ ground and rock close call interactions. The original turn felt boring. Enjoy the new pics. Be patient, the ride is coming. 9/11/13 -Onjin

News Feed:

"Tennessee's Lake Valley Amusement Park has announced a new Wing Rider for Summer 2013**. A direct response to Dollywood's Wild Eagle, their top rival park.

**Ride Opening Postponed due to park management misconceptions and ride re-draft. A set back Lake Valley may regret.

The Raven's Revenge.

Said to be one for the Lake Valley record books. Nearly 5,000 feet of track, 6 intense inversions and speeds exceeding 70 MPH over Smokey Mountain terrain. Hang on to your hat, it's going to be a wild ride.

The attraction will interact with incoming guests' at the gate and surely noticeable from the interstate. Will The Raven's Revenge be the ride that puts Lake Valley on the map? That will be up to you once it's open to the public."

--------

So that's the silly back story. If you think of a better name, sling it this way if you like.

Now to the real sheeet:

I chose to use the term "concept" on this project due to the fact we don't have the Wing Rider trains on NL. This ride is to only be ridden in the front row seat positions. It just looks stupid when going to the back cars. I am using the floorless train.

So I took some liberties while building this track. It didn't need to ride perfect car to car, just as long as it gives the right feel in the front rows, that's all I cared about. Therefore, the track work, if dissected, isn't the best or my best, but works enough for me to get this "concept" across. Not looking for high rates, just a fun factor. All inversions except the loop are Zero G elements. Not perfect 0.0 but dang close for a hand build.

I'm using the Wood Magic catwalk sections to build the station, etc., and some CS.com Park Pack items. That is what I am working on now. Supports will go up last. Some basic ones are up just to show color contrast when picking ride colors. For now it's a purple/blue track and tan supports. And no it is not because the Raven's won the Super Bowl. I'm an Eagles fan, anyways...It may change. Suggestions are welcome.

Re-Track 100% finished. 100% hand build.
Supports and theme in progress.
Built on a previous NLT template.

General Stats:

+4.5 Gs Max
4,955 ft. Circuit.
6 Inversions
15 mph Cable Lift(Intawood Env.) Not sure how to link .env?
70+ mph

Leaked Blueprints and Construction Photos (apologies for large pics, imageshack changed everything since I last used it, I had to screen cap all the pics cuz NL file doesn't upload anymore?):

Last edited by Onjin on September 12th, 2013, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do Not Look At My Hard Hat Threads I Am Not Advertising My Rides In My Posts' So Please Don't Look At My (insert Coaster name here) It's Not In The Hard Hat Area

Post January 10th, 2013, 10:33 am

Points on hand: 15,401.90 Points
I love the Drachen Fire type drop and how it flies above the walkways. I don't think the end helix thing is so much ugly as it is interesting.
I think a wing rider terrain layout would be interesting.

Post March 7th, 2013, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
What the heck I had the same idea for a first element sequence! Mine is much bigger though and dives off a large cliff, and rotations the opposite direction. Oh you'll see when I do it =D This looks awesome man!! Looking forward to riding it.

Post March 7th, 2013, 5:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points

Post March 8th, 2013, 5:57 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I really like The Raven's Revenge name... It sounds cool. And I think the layout is awesome, especially the diving element after the loop. Do you think you might be getting a little ahead of yourself with pacing though? They do lose speed really aggressively. But you are utilizing landscape gradients quite well, so I'm sure it's alright. Just asking.

Post March 8th, 2013, 7:10 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by Onjin

That looks bloody awesome.

Post March 13th, 2013, 1:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
Gouldy, thank you. My favorite element on the ride. I am glad I re-designed the end. Originally that dive-loop-twist was just a big ass helix. I just can't wait to finish the little stuff so I get on to supporting. Then it will start looking ***y.

About pacing Gerstl, it may not be perfect, but the ride has a nice flow. Very flight like. Slow element transitions and high speeds between elements. Fastest element taken is the loop since it's after the "main" drop where the ride get's its +70mph. I think it tops out at 72. Didn't deem it necessary to post the actual speed.

Ajax, that was the original name. :) I understand Raven's Revenge is really too close to Riddler's Revenge(my fav B&M ride), but does fit my mock story quite well.

I'm just not sure if I really want to use the tan support color. What do you guys think? 2 tone or 3 tone the ride?

I will be doing some more work on the ride tonight after my Halo 4 session. Mainly station, storage/transf, the hard parts of the theme. Then I move on to supports and start testing. Blocks are set for 3 trains.

Oh and Gerstl, about your copy cat ride (lol lol sorry couldn't resist), "great minds think alike". Well before I ever heard of Drachen Fire, when I was in my early teens, I drew roller coasters. I always thought starting a ride with a half corkscrew into a big drop was just awesome. When I first started NL on CoasterSims.com, I actually posted that type of element as my own "first ever" element. Then someone put a link to Drachen Fire. Damn I was pissed, lol. But live and learn.

Enough rambles. Thank you for thoughts. Keep them coming. More updates to come. Soon...I...hope. :)

So, I made a teaser video. My first ever of any kind. Please let me know what you think. Very simple, using Windows Movie thingy. Yeah, I called it a thingy.
Do Not Look At My Hard Hat Threads I Am Not Advertising My Rides In My Posts' So Please Don't Look At My (insert Coaster name here) It's Not In The Hard Hat Area

Return to Hard Hat Area