Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion WWE - Chris Benoit Found Dead

WWE - Chris Benoit Found Dead

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 25th, 2007, 7:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Not sure who we have here as WWE fans, but they are reporting that Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead today in Atlanta. No, this is not a story angle for them -- but it is just very odd. At any rate, we are certainly saddened by the passing of this tremendous wrestler.

Anyway, just sharing ...
Last edited by TConwell on June 25th, 2007, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post June 25th, 2007, 7:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Post June 25th, 2007, 8:11 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Sounds like a pretty bad thing happened there. All three shouldn't be dead.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 25th, 2007, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Im not a wresling fan but its always sad to hear someone died other than criminals. All three dead sounds like a job done by someone.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post June 25th, 2007, 8:36 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You should delete that post because I'm itching to change the thread topic to your general complete lack of morals.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 25th, 2007, 8:39 pm

Matt -- Yeah, it is very sad. Not sure what happened, but obviously there is something very off. Could be as simple as carbon monoxide poisoning -- to as serious as murder or murder/suicide. He was scheduled to wrestle last night on a pay per view, but went home after receiving an emergency phone call. No other info is available at this time.

CKMWM - You cannot change the thread topic because you did not create it, so quit it. Geesh man.

Post June 25th, 2007, 8:53 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

that sucks.. i don't like wrestling , but this is sad.. those guys are, for the most part, decent role models for lots of kids..

Post June 25th, 2007, 9:42 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Originally posted by B and M

Im not a wresling fan but its always sad to hear someone died other than criminals. All three dead sounds like a job done by someone.

Even criminals deserve some feelings when they pass.

Chis was as "jayman" said, a great role model. He will be missed.

Post June 25th, 2007, 11:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

This is so very sad. I just went to WWE.com and they along with the local Georgia news sites are reporting the three deaths as a double murder-suicide. I cannot possibly fathom Chris Benoit doing something like that; I think there is more to this story.

I am a WWE fan. I saw Chris Benoit at a house show in Minneapolis back in 2005. He was wrestling Kurt Angle that night and it was so awesome.

You will be missed Chris.[:(]

Post June 26th, 2007, 12:12 am

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

i sincerely doubt it was a double murder suicide. chris was an amazing person, and i highly doubt he had it in him to kill his wife, and his son.

Apparently he went home to his family because both were coughing up blood, im suspecting carbon monoxide poisoning...or a set up to kill chirs.

remember he went home after saturday to be with his family, why would he leave to them to kill them? it makes no sense for that route.

atleast he'll see eddie before us. :)

Post June 26th, 2007, 12:13 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

i dunno.. celebrities' public and private lives can can be very different. it's just terrible though. wrestling ,though i think it's silly sometimes, is alot more wholesome than lots of other entertainment. it is very sad.

Post June 26th, 2007, 12:15 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

It has been ruled a double-murder/suicide. I am shocked to hear this news.

Post June 26th, 2007, 12:17 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post June 26th, 2007, 12:42 am

Points on hand: 2,234.00 Points

Post June 26th, 2007, 1:35 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars ... noitupdate

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff?????????s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday?????????s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE?????????s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff?????????s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit's new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities????????? findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation?????????s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff?????????s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

Post June 26th, 2007, 5:02 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Post June 26th, 2007, 5:52 pm

I am just speechless man ... this goes to show that you never really know what is going on in people's homes ....

Post June 26th, 2007, 8:17 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

This is getting more and more disturbing as news is being released.

Read here: http://www.wrestlingrevealed.com/articl ... /index.php

I will be back in an hour to explain myself a bit more.

Post June 26th, 2007, 9:30 pm

This is the most disturbing part:

Preliminary test results show that Nancy Benoit was killed on Friday. Daniel Benoit was killed on Saturday. It is also believed that Chris Benoit killed himself on Saturday as well. The press conference stated that Chris Benoit died no later than a day after his son's death.

He stayed in the dang house for two-three days? Man, there must have REALLY been some serious psychological issues going on. It is just too odd ... I think perhaps she was leaving him (and called to tell him) - he went home in a rush - things got heated and out of control - and there you have it.

In my mind, it is the only thing that makes sense fellas.

Post June 26th, 2007, 9:36 pm

In my mind, it is the only thing that makes sense fellas.

None of this makes sense.

All of my wrestling friends are still in denial about this, i think i am aswell, as we believe there is no way in Earth Heaven Hell Purgatory that this could have happened to Chris.

I've met the man on numerous occasions, and he was just the most genuine nicest damn guy. Top 5 of genuine nice that i have ever met.

It'll take a long while before this truly sets in.

Post June 26th, 2007, 9:43 pm

I agree. We have seen him tons of times as well, and I just cannot picture this happening. Here is an article from WWE:

Written: June 26, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 ????????? World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff?????????s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit's state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitpressrelease

Fox News stated today that Vince McMahon, chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment will issue a appology for yesterdays retrospective show on WWE RAW, tonight on ECW on the SciFi channel.

Also, WWE has removed all videos, media and photos pertaining to Chris Benoit, including superstar testomonies, as well as the tribute video made.

The only thing left that is Chris Benoit related is two photos used for the press release, as well as the press release.

Some pictures we took of a RAW show in 2005:

Image Insert:
32.55 KB

Image Insert:
37.01 KB

And of course, from Backlash this year:

Image Insert:
97.68 KB

Image Insert:
96.97 KB

Image Insert:
97.89 KB

Image Insert:
96.98 KB

I just cannot make sense of it ....

Post June 26th, 2007, 9:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Post June 26th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

Well, he does look pretty abusive.
Wow, you make a comment like that ... and have the nerve to have the avatar you have (which honestly, is no longer funny). I never knew that looks could tell everything about a person's personality. Geesh, how proud your parents must be of your intelligence level finally reaching that of a 3rd grader.

Back on topic .... some impressive comments from Vince right before ECW began. Right to the point -- no confusion about what he said -- the WWE is officially cutting all ties to Chris Benoit and in no way supports anything that he did - to include his career and all but apologized for airing the tribute show last night. Wow.

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:06 pm

Thats BS apologizing for having the memorial last night. Honestly that just upsets me like no other.

REGARDLESS of his actions he was still the man he was in the ring and he WILL be missed.

I don't care if he killed two others and himself, he was still one of the best damn wrestlers ever. But image is important these days and I guess Vince doesn't want to be backing up a killer. Typical.

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:09 pm

Ragan, I think once you think about this, you might agree. What Chris did is NOT acceptable, and WWE wants to ensure that people know that WWE had no knowledge of the events, and did not want anyone to make a connection that perhaps they did. It is in fact, a smart and proper business move.

The WWE has released another message:

Originally Posted by WWE.com
WWE/Chris Benoit timeline

Written: June 26, 2007

On Saturday, June 23, Chris Benoit was slated to appear at a WWE live event in Beaumont, Texas. That afternoon, Benoit contacted WWE to inform them that his wife and child were ill, and that he would not be able to attend the show.

WWE executives rebooked Benoit's flight for the following morning, allowing Benoit to miss the Beaumont event making alternate arrangements for him to attend the pay-per-view event in Houston on Sunday.

WWE employees attempted to confirm with Benoit his travel plans but were unable to contact him.

Early Sunday morning, between 3:51 and 3:58 a.m., Benoit sent five text messages to co-workers:

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit's cell phone
?????????My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215?????????

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit's cell phone
?????????The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open?????????

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54am)- Nancy Benoit's cell phone
?????????My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215?????????

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55am)- Nancy Benoit's cell phone
?????????My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58am)- Nancy Benoit's cell phone
?????????My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215?????????

Throughout the day on Sunday, WWE made numerous attempts to contact Benoit both at home and at local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 p.m., WWE officials were unable to establish contact with Chris Benoit.

At 12:30 p.m. on Monday, June 25, WWE officials were notified of the text messages sent to the co-workers the previous day. By 12:45 p.m., WWE had contacted Fayetteville County Sheriff?????????s office requesting they check on the Benoit family.

Fayetteville County Sheriffs office made contact with WWE at approximately 4:00 p.m. advising that they had entered the house of Chris Benoit and found three deceased bodies ????????? an adult male, adult female and a male child. WWE was told that Benoit's home was now considered a major crime scene.

The decision to cancel the live event scheduled in Corpus Christi that night was made between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. In keeping with company policy, and with limited knowledge regarding facts of the case, WWE choose to air a memorial dedicated to the career of Chris Benoit. As facts emerged surrounding the case, all tributes to Chris Benoit were removed both on-air and on WWE.com.

Allow me to add though that I agree with you ... I too will miss him. He was always one of my favorites and one that I cheered for regularly.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion