Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports WWS UK meet-up 2005

WWS UK meet-up 2005

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post October 28th, 2005, 7:16 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Well, it was great basically [lol] Even though, in the end, it ended up only being me and gazag who actually turned up. It was probably the best day I've had at Alton Towers for a long time, we got on loads of rides and we got some nice footage aswell, watch out for that [;)]

I hope to make this an annual thing, although, I would like to do 2 or 3 a year, start trying to tempt more people into coming, because even with just the two of us today, it was a really great day.

Riding rides in the pitch black is mental, especially Nemesis on the front row [lol]. The firweworks were spectacular aswell, how they can afford to do that for 3 nights in a row, I have no idea.

I might post a more thorough report tomorrow, but you would not believe how knackered I am right now, I'm off to bed.

Post October 28th, 2005, 8:16 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Sounds like you two had a blast, I can't wait to see some pictures or video!

Post October 28th, 2005, 9:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Sounds Grrrrrrreat. Love videos, love tony the tiger.

Post October 28th, 2005, 11:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Are you going to be doing a trip report for the meet-up or what you've said is basically your trip report.

Post October 29th, 2005, 6:31 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

TCH, im so pissed off i couldnt go!!!! [:(] Did you ride rita in the dark? Oblivion in the dark is insane aswell, nemmy is also very very crazy. Did it have the headlights on on the front of the train or not?

Anyway im off to thorpe tommorrow hehe. Still doesnt beat a meet up at alton though [:(] Anyway im glad you had a good time [:)]

Post October 29th, 2005, 7:27 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I was ill yesterday (well and today still) so even if i could have gotten up at 6 in the morning, i wouldnt of done much whilst there. Unless you wanted 4.5gs forcing snot out of your nose

Post October 29th, 2005, 8:25 am

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

we had a great time,
ive got all the fotage and a couple of pics so i will upload them soon.
rita in the dark was mental, for some reason it seamed to be faster at night.
i screwed up twice on a pov of rita so i will visit again in adrenalin week to get that, ill get it if it kills me.

no there were no headlights on rita jpecool.
look out for photos very soon right here

Post October 29th, 2005, 8:41 am

Di nemmy have its headlights on i mean. lol.
Gazag it must be tricky getting a POV of rita as it basically launches out of the station. Anyway im looking forward to seeing a video! [:D] Did you get a POV of any other rides?

Post October 29th, 2005, 11:18 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^I made a V2 pov like that, it was in my pocket and the challenge for me was to rip it out for the launch. I got it out just as the air released (3 second warning till launch) and I barely got it out in time. [:)]

Post October 29th, 2005, 3:57 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

We got POV on the runaway mine train [:D] [lol]

I couldn't believe gazag messed up the onrides of Rita, it was so unlucky, he did it perfectly, but the inside of his coat had flicked the camera into PC mode so it didn't record. On the second time round he just didn't get a great shot, because the front row queue was closed and we didn't get onto the front row, it was a shame [V].

Anyway, here is a trip report, although it's not going to be massively thorough as I am trying to watch AC vs Juve [lol].

We got to the park nice and early and were some of the first people on the car park. We took the formerly Canadian Expo monorail [lol] to the front of the park and where at the park entrance for a little before 9am, where we waited until 9:30, like I said I would, for the two people who said maybe they could come. They didn't turn up, so we went in on our own at 9:30.

First thing we did was get to Rita nice and quickly, as gazag hadn't ridden it before and I would have done anyway, because the queue builds up for that ride and stays massive for the rest of the day. We didn't have to wait long to get on first time (only the amount of time it takes to walk briskly along the STUPIDLY long queue line lol). We got on the front row so we could make the POV, but as you already read, that went down the pot [lol]. But it didn't particularly matter at the time, gazag was too busy being amazed by the ride as was I, even though I have ridden Rita before, the Launch is still awe inspiring.

We then hitched a ride on the skyride over the nemy, cus you know ..... you gotta. Did a little bit of filming cus you know ..... you gotta. Then joined the queue, pretty much walked on, as you always seem to do these days with Nemesis, which might I say is bloody great [lol]

Insert going around the park a few dozen times going on all the rides (bar air) for about 6 hours, at which point it starts to get dark and the fun really starts [lol]

Nemesis in the dark on the front row, is something I've not done before, I've ridden front row and I've ridden in the dark, but never at the same time. Honestly, I can say that was the best ride experience I have had on Nemesis in a long time, if not ever (although anyone would be hardpushed to beat their first ever ride on it). Rita in the dark, be it on the front row or the back, for some reason seems to be a lot faster in the dark and I have no idea why, even the acceleration seemed greater, almost as if the ride had actually been sped up, although obviously that cannot happen. Honestly, if any of you are at Alton Towers when its dark, this ride is a MUST. Well, as is Nemesis, but I guess i thought that went without saying [lol]. We actually rode Nemesis in the dark a couple of times, halted briefly by someone being sick actually on the train [lol] the ride-ops had to do a bit of unascheduled cleaning before the ride started again. At 7 can the fireworks, all i can say really is BLOODY HELL! heh heh, I can't really say anything more than that about them, they were insane really, I can see how if I was a pair of moody old bitches, like the Ropers, I might have grounds for complaint [lol] but I'm not a pair of moody old bitches, so I thought they were the best damn fireworks I've ever seen.

When the fireworks were done, there was a rush towards Rita BUT, in the interest of safety, everyone was blocked off by steel barriers and put into what I can only describe as a big sheep pen [lol], while they cleared up the "debris". They gradually let groups of people through, we were in the second group to be let through, so when we got to Rita, there was a slight queue, but only 10 minutes or so, so when we got off, we went round and got on it again [:)] by which point, it was about 9:30 and time to leave.

It was a thoroughly bo day and those who didn't come really did miss out and I hope to see them next year, when i hope to be holding a meet up at each one of the bigger/better themeparks in England.

If I can be arsed later on, I might upload the one onride photo that I got, which was of me looking like I was trying to poop my ass on the flume [lol]

Post October 29th, 2005, 4:05 pm

sounds like an awesome trip dude. Ive been onr iat 3 times now and every time it still makes you go whoa!!!! I hope stealth is as good which it will be. Well it should be.

Post October 29th, 2005, 4:12 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Post October 29th, 2005, 4:25 pm

No doesnt open until March. But it will be awesome most probably. Im off to thorpe tommorrow so you can expect pictures and video of it, and the rest of thorpe park at fright nights. [:)] Colossus in the dark, colossus in the dark, not as good as nemmy, but its still in the dark WOOT![:D]

Post October 29th, 2005, 7:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

i cant wait to ride SRos at SFNE tomorrow night(cause im going 2morrow) cause everyone will be doing fright fest as i take a bunch of night rides, and ive heard sros at night is heavenyl. SOunds like a great trip up there, with multiple rides on rita!!! WIsh so bad i was in the UK!

Post October 29th, 2005, 8:26 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

what are you smoking dude!? your going on one of the best coasters in the world tomarrow![lol]

Post October 29th, 2005, 11:22 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

We took the formerly Canadian Expo monorail to the front of the park

[:D]

Post October 30th, 2005, 9:08 am

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

Image Insert:
58.57 KB

Image Insert:
61.11 KB

Image Insert:
63.92 KB

Image Insert:
60.93 KB

Image Insert:
64.96 KB

Image Insert:
65.2 KB

Image Insert:
63.78 KB

Image Insert:
58.82 KB

Image Insert:
57.7 KB

Image Insert:
64.54 KB

Image Insert:
56.76 KB

Image Insert:
56.79 KB

Image Insert:
56.56 KB

here are the pics i promiced
i am just about to send a video to wws so hopefully that will be on line soon

i know i screwed up on the rita pov[sillyme] but i am goingback there in a couple of weeks for adrenaline week so i will get a pov of rita at night.

Post October 30th, 2005, 9:16 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I can't believe our luck with that rainbow, shame we couldn't get a picture of it when we were in the queue, when the rainbow would have been perfectly over the hairpin. It's a nice picture though still.

Post October 31st, 2005, 2:58 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
didn't you peeps took pics of eachother? [lol] But anyway it seems like you all had a fun day. Gimme my time machine and i'll join too! [:D]

Post October 31st, 2005, 11:17 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I didn't think there would be much point dirk, it only being the two of us there

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports