Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions X-Flight Animations

X-Flight Animations

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post November 19th, 2012, 10:10 pm
Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,514.00 Points
Bank: 2,212.00 Points
I decided to animate these burst shots I took back in August. These are able to be used as Avatars on Forums but remember to give credit where it is due and ask me first! If you want to use them on a forum you'll need to downsize them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2fndw8nrj6a2hmh/4fzKT6wykx

They're in my dropbox, some are cropped and created the illusion some objects are moving when they shouldn't be...like a lamp.

The fourth one is probably my favorite since no cropping was necessary.

Post November 20th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Those are really fast. How many shots are in each one?
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post November 20th, 2012, 4:56 pm
Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^not enough, My camera's shutter isn't fast enough for a smoother animation...otherwise I'd use video. The problem with video is that it creates ENORMOUS GIF files. Because a video that's 30FPS means that there are 30 frames for each second. These pictures I made range between only 5 and 8 frames.

They just make really good avatars regardless if the animation sucks. I currently use it on SFGamZone.com

Post November 20th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Yeah, if you resize them, they could be really cool avatars. What kind of camera are you shooting with? My crappy Nikon DSLR shoots around 10-15 fps with the right lens.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post November 20th, 2012, 8:03 pm
Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I used this old school point and shoot.

http://store.sony.com/p/DSC-W170/en/p/DSCW170

Still takes great pictures when the lighting is right.
According to that link, the mode I was using shoots at 1.6 FPS so those pictures were more than one second apart.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions