Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions X to become X2 at SFMM!

X to become X2 at SFMM!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post November 8th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Umm... yay?
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post November 9th, 2007, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,513.00 Points
Originally posted by tiepilot35

Umm... yay?

Yay indeed! [:)]

Post November 9th, 2007, 5:44 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Post November 9th, 2007, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
what happened to arrowdynamics may i ask is it still in buiseness or did they go bankrupt or get taken by S&S power cause S&S's 4th dimention rollercoaster is very similar to X and i mean VERY similar

Post November 9th, 2007, 8:59 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I have a question, because I haven't really been following all the sales of parks and money problems with Six Flags, but is Six Flags financially stable to spend ten mil right now? Or are they just jumping at a park upgrade like usual?
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post November 9th, 2007, 9:06 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Post November 10th, 2007, 2:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,268.00 Points

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

I have a question, because I haven't really been following all the sales of parks and money problems with Six Flags, but is Six Flags financially stable to spend ten mil right now? Or are they just jumping at a park upgrade like usual?

One might assume that they are. If they're going to dump 10 mil into X, then they must have some sort of financial stability within.

Anyways, hs anyone been to SFMM lately? And WHAT HAS BEEN DONE TO OUR BELOVED X???????????
Hates oscar for taking points...

Post November 14th, 2007, 11:08 pm

Points on hand: 1,970.00 Points
Jeff from RCPro here!

There will also be a new soundtrack for this, as well as a tunnel in one part of the ride, this will be interesting!!! :)

Post November 19th, 2007, 12:10 pm

Points on hand: 886.00 Points

Post November 19th, 2007, 6:14 pm

Points on hand: 1,798.00 Points

Post November 23rd, 2007, 1:48 am

Points on hand: 1,754.00 Points

do you guys think it will be open for christmas break. Im going there then and it would be nice to get a few rides on.

Post November 23rd, 2007, 2:05 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Nope. Sorry. It is supposed to be open by next spring, it might not even be closed yet by christmas break though. You could get to ride it.

Post November 23rd, 2007, 4:49 am

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

I just rode it tonight. It was fun but pretty rough as usual. SFMM is such a biatch to walk around.

Post November 26th, 2007, 1:36 am

Originally posted by SFMM homie

Nope. Sorry. It is supposed to be open by next spring, it might not even be closed yet by christmas break though. You could get to ride it.

yah I was talking about it when it was still x not X2. Thank you though.

Post November 26th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,268.00 Points

You'd be lucky to get a ride in on anything at SFMM during christmas break. Plus everything has a wind chill factor, so if it's 45????????? outside, something like X would feel like ~20?????????. It's just not a good time to go to a place like that during a major break. Not to mention you WILL suffer from frozen face, and possibly hands and feet on the rides, if it's cold out.
Hates oscar for taking points...

Post November 26th, 2007, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Originally posted by Xpress

You'd be lucky to get a ride in on anything at SFMM during christmas break. Plus everything has a wind chill factor, so if it's 45????????? outside, something like X would feel like ~20?????????. It's just not a good time to go to a place like that during a major break. Not to mention you WILL suffer from frozen face, and possibly hands and feet on the rides, if it's cold out.

Okay, first off- No its not really that crowded. You can go on any weekday in christmas break and get on almost everything. Have you even been during Christmas break? Its not that bad.

Second- Wind chill factor? lol. It is never that cold at magic mountain. Bring a sweatshirt for the night time when it might be around 55-60 at the least. If your so worried about the chill factor you shouldnt be a coaster enthusiast.

Thirdly- Why do you say "not to mention the coldness", when you just mentioned it before. [confused]

Post November 26th, 2007, 9:54 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

wws coolbeans and i went the day after christmas, it certainly wasn't empty, but it was a very nice day to visit.. we rode everything worth riding, and more..

Post November 27th, 2007, 2:30 am

Originally posted by Xpress

You dont live in California do you. My frined went on Xmas Break and he waited an hour tops.

Post December 4th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Points on hand: 56.00 Points
I wonder if the redesign trains for X at SFMM is because the current train design are inefficient.

Post January 5th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,541.00 Points

Post February 1st, 2008, 9:57 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=1267

Two of three new X2 roller coaster trains arrived at Six Flags Magic Mountain this week in advance of on-track testing expected to begin in February.

The lighter and more aerodynamic trains replace the original X coaster that debuted at the Valencia amusement park in 2002 but which has been plagued with repeated downtime issues.

Testing can't begin until crews complete the $600,000 paint job ????????? converting the clownish pink and yellow scheme to a more ?????????ominous????????? red and charcoal gray.

The $10-million upgrade to the prototype coaster with rotating 360-degree seats is expected to be completed in time for a Memorial Day weekend debut.

Post February 1st, 2008, 11:39 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

i really like the color scheme and trains, i think the colors will go great together.

Post February 2nd, 2008, 12:00 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

as much as i love wood, i would have to say that X is the only ride i have waited 5 hours one saturday, and 3 the next AND do not regret it..
however the last time we went we got lucky and got a practical "walk on" because it suddenly reopened while we were "just taking a look at what we were missing out on" and that time , as much fun as it was, my calves wre hurting from slamming into the body of the trains, it felt as if there was alot of wear in the bearing surfaces of the pivoting cars and they were shaking quite a bit..
the new cars will probabally have a better way of distributing the wieght so that it doesn't slop around as much after a few seasons..
it is truly a great ride!

Post February 4th, 2008, 1:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,627.00 Points
Any word on whether they're adding a retractable floor to the station a-la Eejanaika?

Post February 4th, 2008, 3:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,545.00 Points

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions