Board index ‹ Off Topic Board ‹ Off Topic Discussion ‹ Personal Guard 2009 and an Endorsement of Ghost

Personal Guard 2009 and an Endorsement of Ghost

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!


Posts: 124
Points on hand: 1,764.00 Points
Offline
Personal Guard 2009, it is a virus, it infected my computer. [xx(]

Downloaded Malwarebytes, but unfortunately, the virus blocked proper installation. Therefore, I was unable to remove it... almost, at least....

This is where a brilliant program called Symantec Ghost came in. With it, I can take snapshots of my hard drive, and in the event of catastrophe (like a virus infection), I essentially have a quick fix in the form of a reset button on a floppy disk. [:D][:D][:D]

So, after ghosting back to my latest snapshot (thankfully, it was not even a day old), I was able to retry the installation of Malwarebytes, successfully, and upon running the scan...

TA-DA!!! The Trojans were revealed. There were two, but now they are gone. [:D][8D][^]

Seriously, guys, Ghost is incredible, it works seperately from Windows making it almost impossible for viruses to block, and it is a nearly trouble-free temporary fix for those annoying viruses that block certain malware-destroyers from functioning.

The only drawback, you need two hard drives.

This reminds me, I just got rid of two trojans, better update my Ghost...

(Back in half an hour)
Last edited by Thomas Kaira on October 31st, 2009, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post October 31st, 2009, 9:51 am

Posts: 1908
Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
Would an external hard drive work?
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post October 31st, 2009, 11:17 am
Oscar
User avatar

Founding Member
Founding Member

Posts: 14427
Points on hand: 991.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points
Location: California, USA
Steam: sleaklight
Offline
I used a trojan last night to block any kind of virus. It was fun.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 31st, 2009, 1:31 pm

Posts: 124
Points on hand: 1,764.00 Points
Offline
Yes, I do think an external drive would work, you would just need a means of connecting it to your computer.

Oh, and make sure it is big enough to store whatever data you have on your current drive, I myself might need to upgrade soon. (Drive 1 is 500Gb, drive 2 is 75Gb [|)])

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Off Topic Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post