Board index ‹ Roller Coaster Games ‹ 3D Modeling Discussion ‹ Post your 3d models thread!

Post your 3d models thread!

Discuss anything related to 3D modeling from 3ds Max to Object Creator. Have a question? Get it answered here!

Post March 10th, 2016, 5:30 pm

Posts: 6183
Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Offline
This ride needs to be in NL2 rideable and animated!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTrMAyJ8iT8[/youtube]

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member
Post March 12th, 2016, 1:34 am

Posts: 8144
Points on hand: 13,506.00 Points
Offline
^ This is so cool! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1. --

Personal coaster count as of 3/2025 -- 222
"500" perhaps by the end of this year.
I will be a Thai citizen if possible in a few years.

Post March 12th, 2016, 6:48 pm

Posts: 22
Points on hand: 180.00 Points
Offline
Image
Thoughts?

Post March 13th, 2016, 8:49 am

Posts: 8144
Points on hand: 13,506.00 Points
Offline
Looks pretty good, but did you do a tunnel test? I hope that you did. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1. --

Personal coaster count as of 3/2025 -- 222
"500" perhaps by the end of this year.
I will be a Thai citizen if possible in a few years.

Post March 13th, 2016, 2:44 pm

Posts: 22
Points on hand: 180.00 Points
Offline
lol240 wrote:
Looks pretty good, but did you do a tunnel test? I hope that you did. :)

The corners go inside a wood tunnel, but not the sides or top. I'm going to call it fine.

Post March 14th, 2016, 3:08 am

Posts: 8144
Points on hand: 13,506.00 Points
Offline
This thread may help you a lot: http://www.coastercrazy.com/forums/this-isn-t-failing-the-clearance-test-t36092.html -- Talking about NL2 and "actual" tunnel testing methods.

:)
-- I was happy to be with NL1. --

Personal coaster count as of 3/2025 -- 222
"500" perhaps by the end of this year.
I will be a Thai citizen if possible in a few years.

Post March 14th, 2016, 3:16 pm

Posts: 22
Points on hand: 180.00 Points
Offline
^Thanks for the link!

Post March 15th, 2016, 7:25 am

Posts: 8144
Points on hand: 13,506.00 Points
Offline
^ You're welcome! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1. --

Personal coaster count as of 3/2025 -- 222
"500" perhaps by the end of this year.
I will be a Thai citizen if possible in a few years.

Post June 15th, 2016, 5:07 am

Posts: 242
Points on hand: 493.00 Points
Bank: 2,138.00 Points
Location: France
Offline
Vekoma Mine train lift :
Attachments
vekoma.png

Post June 17th, 2016, 6:49 am

Posts: 8144
Points on hand: 13,506.00 Points
Offline
^ Thanks for posting this Vekoma one here too! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1. --

Personal coaster count as of 3/2025 -- 222
"500" perhaps by the end of this year.
I will be a Thai citizen if possible in a few years.

Post June 18th, 2016, 5:52 am

Posts: 242
Points on hand: 493.00 Points
Bank: 2,138.00 Points
Location: France
Offline
^hehe you've seen the other one in Blender Rollercoaster thread ^^

Post June 18th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Posts: 202
Points on hand: 4,639.00 Points
Offline
Mad Rocket Scientist wrote:
lol240 wrote:
Looks pretty good, but did you do a tunnel test? I hope that you did. :)

The corners go inside a wood tunnel, but not the sides or top. I'm going to call it fine.


The Clearance Envelope object that you can attach to trains will give you a tighter and more accurate clearance measurement. It's the method used on real coasters.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member
Previous

Return to 3D Modeling Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post