Board index ‹ Off Topic Board ‹ Off Topic Discussion ‹ Realistic model roller coaster

Realistic model roller coaster

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 16th, 2017, 10:34 am

Posts: 2035
Points on hand: 15,458.90 Points
Location: Far Loom
Offline
I found this neat little model coaster system called Quicktrack.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoDoTIkmNKE[/youtube]

There's even a Kickstarter

It would be cool if this took off, since Coasterdynamix is pretty much dead AFAIK.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member
Post September 16th, 2017, 10:43 am

Posts: 8144
Points on hand: 13,506.00 Points
Offline
^ QT also means Quality Track here! Hurray! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1. --

Personal coaster count as of 3/2025 -- 222
"500" perhaps by the end of this year.
I will be a Thai citizen if possible in a few years.

Post September 16th, 2017, 11:21 am

Posts: 2092
Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 18,303.00 Points
Location: sheffield, UK
Offline
^^ If that becomes a product, i would hope to buy it!

Post September 16th, 2017, 12:43 pm

Posts: 6183
Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Offline
I would love to make a Jet Coaster with it! Or a Chinese knockoff coaster.

Post September 16th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Posts: 15
Points on hand: 946.00 Points
Offline
cool5 wrote:
I would love to make a Jet Coaster with it! Or a Chinese knockoff coaster.


Of course you would :P

Post September 17th, 2017, 3:32 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 13387
Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Location: Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Offline
Really looks like a continuation of CoasterDynamix. Would be cool to see this taking off. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 17th, 2017, 3:38 pm

Posts: 2035
Points on hand: 15,458.90 Points
Location: Far Loom
Offline
I've already pledged. Kinda feel like I should start small.

Post September 17th, 2017, 3:43 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 13387
Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Location: Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Offline
Soko wrote:
I've already pledged. Kinda feel like I should start small.

I would need a standard kit of 165$... Since that's the first complete package that ships worldwide.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post October 18th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Posts: 9
Points on hand: 212.00 Points
Offline
And now I'm disappointed. The kickstarter has been cancelled with only 13 backers pledging a little over 1400 dollars US. This could have been so much fun >_<

Post October 19th, 2017, 12:37 pm

Posts: 141
Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
Offline
Let's be real, that $67,000+ goal was hilariously unachievable from the start. Great idea for a product and I wish them the best, but come on. Is anyone really surprised by this?
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Post October 19th, 2017, 9:56 pm

Posts: 382
Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
Offline
There is no such thing as a realistic model because friction and gravity don't scale.

Post October 19th, 2017, 10:05 pm

Posts: 579
Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
Location: probably queuing for taron
Offline
^ hush, you
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Post October 20th, 2017, 10:51 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 8705
Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Location: The Netherlands
Offline
TylerE wrote:
There is no such thing as a realistic model because friction and gravity don't scale.


I would sure love to see someone program an induction rail or something to compensate for the scaling... one can dream, right?

Post October 21st, 2017, 8:21 pm

Posts: 8144
Points on hand: 13,506.00 Points
Offline
I have no 3D coaster games anymore to play so I hope that he'll grant his big dream instead! :sad:
-- I was happy to be with NL1. --

Personal coaster count as of 3/2025 -- 222
"500" perhaps by the end of this year.
I will be a Thai citizen if possible in a few years.

Post October 22nd, 2018, 6:48 am

Posts: 2035
Points on hand: 15,458.90 Points
Location: Far Loom
Offline
Here's something similar,
the Sidewinder -LEGO?? Compatible Looping Roller Coaster. If you had enough sets you could build a working model of Lightning Run since the track and trains look very similar.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Off Topic Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post