Board index ‹ Public Relations ‹ Site Related ‹ "upload failed"

"upload failed"

Posts that are directly related to the site.

Post September 13th, 2026, 7:14 am

Posts: 178
Points on hand: 3,194.00 Points
Location: boston, ma
Offline
Hi,

I just got NL2 (I know, early to the game) and I wanted to post a track on the exchange for the first time in more than 10 years! I keep getting this "upload failed" message and I get the same message too when I try to upload a screenshot. I went through all the ai troubleshooting (zipping files, changing browsers, etc.) and I was wondering if possible that part of the site is broken, or perhaps there is some sort of way to get around this problem? Thanks in advance, and hello everyone who is still around from before!

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member
Post September 13th, 2026, 8:18 pm
Oscar
User avatar

Founding Member
Founding Member

Posts: 14427
Points on hand: 1,001.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points
Location: California, USA
Steam: sleaklight
Offline
wersigobra wrote:
Hi,

I just got NL2 (I know, early to the game) and I wanted to post a track on the exchange for the first time in more than 10 years! I keep getting this "upload failed" message and I get the same message too when I try to upload a screenshot. I went through all the ai troubleshooting (zipping files, changing browsers, etc.) and I was wondering if possible that part of the site is broken, or perhaps there is some sort of way to get around this problem? Thanks in advance, and hello everyone who is still around from before!

how big is the file you're trying to upload?
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 14th, 2026, 12:24 am

Posts: 178
Points on hand: 3,194.00 Points
Location: boston, ma
Offline
Thanks for getting back to me! It's 10.3 MB

Post September 14th, 2026, 8:48 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posts: 1607
Points on hand: 5,068.50 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Location: Houston, Texas
Offline
Hi wersigobra, welcome back after all these years!

Thanks for reporting this, and you were right, it wasn't anything on your end. When we moved the site to a new server, the folder the exchange uploader saves files into was left with the wrong permissions, so every track and screenshot upload was failing no matter the file size or format.

That's fixed now. Can you give it another try and let me know here if you still run into any trouble?
Image

Post September 15th, 2026, 2:29 am

Posts: 178
Points on hand: 3,194.00 Points
Location: boston, ma
Offline
Thank you!

I was able to upload my files, but when I clicked on "post this track", I got this message:

"You failed to complete the form as required. Go back and try again."

I tried three times and checked to make sure I filled everything out correctly, but I still couldn't get it to work.

Post September 15th, 2026, 3:24 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posts: 1607
Points on hand: 5,068.50 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Location: Houston, Texas
Offline
Found another issue with .nltrack in that the auto selector we added so you didn't have to select the track anymore was breaking the form.

Please try again, if it doesn't work you can PM me the files and I can use them to test with.
Image

Post September 15th, 2026, 10:15 pm

Posts: 178
Points on hand: 3,194.00 Points
Location: boston, ma
Offline
It looks like it worked. Thanks for all the help!

Post September 23rd, 2026, 2:06 am
mkingy User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 5472
Points on hand: 28,261.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Location: United Kingdom
Offline
I'll give this a ride and some comments when I get chance!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Site Related

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post