Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports DKCF Goes To Keansburg Amusement Park - 6/25/2016

DKCF Goes To Keansburg Amusement Park - 6/25/2016

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 739.00 Points
Today, I was planning on going to a small heavy metal concert. Long story short, something happened involving the people who booked it, and it ended up getting cancelled at the last minute. What a huge bummer, as I love going to concerts. Concerts is one of the many things I love going to other than Six Flags Great Adventure every week. So instead of sitting home all day, I had to get out of the house, and that's what I did. I decided to go to Keansburg Amusement Park, where I used to go to every year back when I was a young kid, and I haven't even been there for a few years. Back when I went to Keansburg as a kid, I would go to the waterpark across the street from the amusement park first, considering that the waterpark always closes first. When I went today, I didn't even have the time to go there. I wasn't even planning on going to the waterpark in the first place. I'll go there some other time in the summer. Who knows. Anyways, onto the report.

I arrived and parked my car after 5pm, and after paying for parking, I headed for the ticket booth to get ride tickets. Afterwards, I headed to the Looping Star. Even with the coaster looking and feeling sketchy, it was a very fun ride, and I ended up riding it twice in the front car, not the very front row though, just the last row in the front car. After my two rides on the Looping Star, I rode the Double Shot. What I didn't expect from this ride was the airtime, as well as riding it twice! That's two rides on the Double Shot for the price of one, but I still count it as one ride.

After that, I was running low on ride tickets, so I had to buy more. After doing so, I took a ride on Moby Dick, and I don't remember the ride being forceful, but it was very fun. The bumper cars was my next ride, and just like any bumper cars, people were going crazy on it. At least the way they were driving the cars isn't actually like driving real cars on the roads and highways. Now that would obviously be dangerous. Pharaoh's Fury was my next ride, and I have to say, that is a very fun ride, especially how high it goes when it swings at full speed. My next ride was the Sea Serpent. As a coaster enthusiast, you got to take a ride on a kiddie coaster when you get the chance. Who else doesn't love a ride on a kiddie coaster? I then took my third ride on the Looping Star, this time on the first row of the last car. Riding the Looping Star on the last car feels faster and more forceful than riding it on the front car.

This pic is my favorite!

Now for some videos of the park's coasters.

After having fun at the rides, I decided to have fun at one of the arcades. While at the arcade, I drew my attention to games that gave the most tickets, one of them being skeeball. I ended up with over 900 tickets, but only enough to redeem them for candy. At least it wasn't one of those prizes that I would have no use for. Here's me with all of the tickets I got from the games I played.

After the arcade, I took a short walk on the beach to take some photos, as photography is one of my many hobbies that I love to do. After all of this, I left and headed home at 8pm.

Total ride count:
Looping Star: x3
Double Shot: x1
Moby Dick: x1
Bumper Cars: x1
Pharaoh's Fury: x1
Sea Serpent: x1

Overall, I had a great day today. It totally made up for the heavy metal concert that got cancelled. Even with the park not being as crowded as a busy day at Six Flags, it's still a popular place for families to go to. Keansburg Amusement Park is absolutely worth visiting. I guarantee it. I'll definitely try to visit again later in the summer, and I'll try to hit the waterpark as well, but for now, I'll be back at Six Flags in the next few days.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Follow me on Instagram!

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Always keeping the great photo and sentence quality, I assume! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports