Board index ‹ Off Topic Board ‹ Off Topic Discussion ‹ (For Drummers) Advice Needed

(For Drummers) Advice Needed

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 19th, 2007, 11:04 am

Posts: 2048
Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
I need a new snare and can't decide what to get. I've heard Black Panthers are really good snares and theres one at a local shop for a pretty good price. What I really need is a snare (preferably high pitched) for $250 max.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post June 19th, 2007, 11:10 am

Posts: 383
Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points
Location: georgia, GA, USA
Offline
if your budget wasnt set id suggest spaun, but pork pie is good aswell. what type of music is it for?

Post June 19th, 2007, 11:44 am

Posts: 2048
Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
I don't really play any one kind of music, but if I had to classify it, I'd say rock/indie/jam-ish music(?) if that makes sense.

Post June 19th, 2007, 12:53 pm

Posts: 383
Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points
Location: georgia, GA, USA
Offline
yeah thats cool, id say look at some pork pies and maybe even ddrum or ludwig. really the only way to get a great snare is to go hit all the ones in the store (not literally, unless its a small store [LOL]) because everyone likes different pitch and sustain and everything from their snares and even their entire set.

Post June 19th, 2007, 2:09 pm

Posts: 5852
Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Offline
Why not just go down to your local music store and try some out? I doubt anyone could even begin to pick one out for you. Only you will know exactly what sound you want.

Post June 19th, 2007, 2:11 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 4795
Points on hand: 3,191.00 Points
Location: spring valley
Offline
pork pie

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Off Topic Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post