Board index ‹ Off Topic Board ‹ Off Topic Discussion ‹ Freeware 3D Modelling!

Freeware 3D Modelling!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post December 21st, 2004, 10:32 am

Posts: 434
Points on hand: 669.00 Points
Offline
Looking for a great program for 3d modelling? You should check at this site http://www.planit3d.com/source/software_files/3dmod.htm. I think Truespace 3 is one of the best programs on the site. You can also get photo-realistic terrain generation software http://www.planit3d.com/source/software_files/terrain.htm, which is great for making skyboxes. And it's all free!

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post December 21st, 2004, 11:56 am

Posts: 2260
Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Location: MI, USA
Offline
Where are the plug ins for truespace that allow it to expor to 3ds?

BTW, right now, I currently use anim8or for most of my modeling needs. I need to learn how to use truespace, but that's until I find something that allows it to save it in a useable format.

Oh, and does truespace support .tga and/or .png textures and alpha texturing? That's just what I need along with importing and exporting 3ds files.

Post December 21st, 2004, 6:51 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 5225
Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Offline
^ only in thier latest versions, I believe.

Post December 22nd, 2004, 4:13 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 13387
Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Location: Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Offline
cool, nice lists, but i have allready my software. I think those links should be sticky. [:)] So people don't have to ask for some of them. Now people can search there own free editor they like the best. [:)]

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Off Topic Discussion