Board index ‹ Roller Coaster Games ‹ No Limits Coaster ‹ Who's up for some tight fit puzzles?

Who's up for some tight fit puzzles?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post October 26th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Posts: 2035
Points on hand: 15,458.90 Points
Location: Far Loom
Offline
It's been a while since I've seen a tight fit challenge, and those are good fun. I am also quite fascinated with layouts that try to so much inside a smaller footprint, and that in itself can be a puzzle. I tried a rough draft sample layout beforehand just to make sure it was possible to squeeze something decent in.
Compact hyper:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3tvkqyg3dlmkw7/Hypercoastertightfittemplate.nltrack
Rules are explained in the track info.
This is NOT a contest. This is just for fun. Right now this is the only one I have ready, but I am thinking about a Euro-fighter challenge as well.
If there is anything I overlooked, don't be hesitant to tell me. Maybe people can make their own challenge templates for others to try.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post October 26th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Posts: 6183
Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Offline
Do you want to use my bottomless pit for your challenging coaster?
Here it is.

http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/19921

Anyone that wants to use this pit, please be sure to give me full credit if you do use it for your coaster projects. Thanks.

Post October 26th, 2013, 5:55 pm

Posts: 585
Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
Offline
i kinda wanna cramm a 220ft tap wood coaster in this,

Post October 26th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Posts: 2035
Points on hand: 15,458.90 Points
Location: Far Loom
Offline
Originally posted by highthrills2

i kinda wanna cramm a 220ft tap wood coaster in this,


Dang, I made the rules say steel coasters only but I guess there's nothing stopping you from pursuing your desire [;)]
I'd like to see that.

Post October 26th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Posts: 1
Points on hand: 50.00 Points
Offline
Mine was FAR harder than this contest....

AJClarke0912 had the ONLY entry, and he got disqualified due to the length being a few hundred feet short.

Look up Compact Inverted Challenge.

It was the most bloody hell of a challenge ever conceived in NL.
It was HARD. Nobody won though.

Post October 26th, 2013, 7:59 pm

Posts: 525
Points on hand: 148.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
Get the fug out.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post October 26th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Posts: 1241
Points on hand: 95.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Location: Kentucky
Offline
- see Express 90

Post November 2nd, 2013, 7:39 pm

Posts: 2914
Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Offline
This has been pretty fun so far. Making some nice progress.



Image
Image
Image


Any ideas on what spine to use for the first mcbr thing? I like the strong, structural look of the looping box spine but I feel as if that is overkill. I don't want to use the 3 tube spine as it is ugly.


And, in case you were wondering, the turn out of the station and the lift hill were made in FVD++ to get that perfect lift angle and turn angle. The first drop and the rest of the ride is all handbuilt though.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post November 2nd, 2013, 9:14 pm

Posts: 6183
Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Offline
This 4,735.28ft portable coaster should beat them all! It crams in two high G loops, a two level wild mouse section, three helixes, a fan turn section and a heartline roll among many dips and turns.

Image Insert:
Image
201.46 KB

Image Insert:
Image
470.97 KB

Image Insert:
Image
1042 KB

Post November 2nd, 2013, 10:19 pm

Posts: 2035
Points on hand: 15,458.90 Points
Location: Far Loom
Offline
^
Nice one cool5! I just wonder how you're gonna support all that.

Post November 2nd, 2013, 10:37 pm

Posts: 6183
Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Offline
Should I host a "Can you support this coaster like a Pinfari contest?" After I get the Gs and tunnel testing finished on this one?

Post November 3rd, 2013, 11:55 pm

Posts: 764
Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota, USA
Offline
so when does this contest end, or when do we have to turn in our tracks?
Plantoris

Post November 4th, 2013, 7:22 am

Posts: 2035
Points on hand: 15,458.90 Points
Location: Far Loom
Offline
It ends at February 45th, 3013.
Seriously tho, read the first post.

Post November 4th, 2013, 1:22 pm

Posts: 764
Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota, USA
Offline
it does not say what to do with the track when we are done.
Plantoris

Post November 4th, 2013, 1:51 pm

Posts: 2035
Points on hand: 15,458.90 Points
Location: Far Loom
Offline
Oh okay.
You don't have to do anything specific nor is there a deadline. You can upload if you want or have someone test.

Post November 4th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Posts: 2914
Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Offline
I'm pretty sure it's not a competition, just for fun.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to No Limits Coaster

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post