Board index ‹ Off Topic Board ‹ Off Topic Discussion ‹ Winamp zlib.dll trojan??

Winamp zlib.dll trojan??

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 30th, 2008, 8:38 pm

Posts: 2052
Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
Every time I try to open Winamp, AVG says that the zlib.dll in the Winamp folder is a trojan called SHeur.CLZE. Winamp crashes every time too. Any ideas?

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post September 30th, 2008, 8:55 pm

Posts: 60
Points on hand: 1,128.00 Points
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Offline
I get this too. It looks like another bad update...

Post September 30th, 2008, 9:12 pm

Posts: 2052
Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
hmm, I'll install an older version. hopefully if it's the update, they'll release a fix soon.

Post September 30th, 2008, 9:43 pm

Posts: 2052
Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
well, I went back to 522 and it works, so thanks

Post October 2nd, 2008, 12:00 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 13387
Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Location: Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Offline
Originally posted by SMer

Every time I try to open Winamp, AVG says that the zlib.dll in the Winamp folder is a trojan called SHeur.CLZE. Winamp crashes every time too. Any ideas?


I had the same problem when i downloaded the newest. I thought the problem was that I installed something new other than the new winamp update. xD Oh well, I'll go search an older version from winamp :)

edit:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_winamp/3288/

Yay for older versions ^_^
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Off Topic Discussion