Board index ‹ Roller Coaster Games ‹ No Limits Coaster ‹ Windows Live Movie Maker Problem with AVI file

Windows Live Movie Maker Problem with AVI file

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.


Posts: 59
Points on hand: 1,468.00 Points
Offline
So a few months ago, I was recording NL coasters using the in-game recorder. It was wonderful, and I made high quality videos and uploaded them on Youtube. Today, when I drag the AVI file onto WLMM, there is an exlamation point over the file, and it can't play. It can't play in Windows Media Player either. I checked all the AVI files in my screenshots folder, so it's not just one corrupt file. Does anyone know where I can download the codecs for WLMM/Windows Media player? I honestly can't remember making any changes or uninstalling anything, so I don't know what the problem is..

Thanks for the help!

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post June 13th, 2011, 9:31 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 4812
Points on hand: 3,191.00 Points
Location: spring valley
Offline
i use it all the time , and i think it will do avi files..

Post June 13th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Posts: 59
Points on hand: 1,468.00 Points
Offline
That's my problem, it won't process the AVI files, even old ones that it used to process.. :(

EDIT: It does work on AVI files from my camera...

Post July 3rd, 2011, 12:10 am

Posts: 59
Points on hand: 1,468.00 Points
Offline
Is no one able to help? What is the codec for raw AVI files from the NL recorder?

Post July 8th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Posts: 59
Points on hand: 1,468.00 Points
Offline

Post July 8th, 2011, 9:30 pm
cjd

Posts: 3370
Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points
Location: New Concord, OH, USA
Offline
Try DivX and Xvid. Those are the two most common AVI file types that wouldn't work on my Windows Movie Maker until I installed the codec.

Post July 8th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Posts: 59
Points on hand: 1,468.00 Points
Offline
It worked! Thanks so much!!!

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to No Limits Coaster

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post