Board index ‹ Off Topic Board ‹ Off Topic Discussion ‹ Computer Help Requested

Computer Help Requested

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 21st, 2012, 5:56 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 2244
Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Location: Winchester, VA
Offline
I am trying to reboot my Toshiba laptop and I am getting this error when I try to boot it up.

''BOTMGR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart''

In doing this I get the same message. My question is do I need a new HDD or CAn I get a CD-DVD with the boot manager on it to boot the laptop?

Spes:

Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905
Model: PSAG8U-04001W
OS: Windows Vista
Year: 2008 or so.

Thanks for the help. If possible please post links to soulations.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post January 21st, 2012, 6:09 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 848
Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
Location: Hull, United Kingdom
Offline
There are 2 solutions HERE
Not sure if it will help but worth a try.

Post January 21st, 2012, 10:10 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 2244
Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Location: Winchester, VA
Offline
Thanks GavG. I now have a new problem.

After fallowing that guide i now get this in my command prompt box,

"The volume does not contain a recognized file system.
Please make sure that all required file system drives are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted."

Any ideas?

Post January 21st, 2012, 10:15 pm

Posts: 12
Points on hand: 336.00 Points
Offline
Did you back up EVERYTHING?

Post January 21st, 2012, 10:17 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Posts: 1447
Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Offline

Post January 21st, 2012, 11:27 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 2244
Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Location: Winchester, VA
Offline
Originally posted by hunter56

Did you back up EVERYTHING?


No, this laptop went down well over a year ago. If I had anything backed up, I have since lost it.

Post January 21st, 2012, 11:27 pm

Posts: 1027
Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Offline
Get your hands on a Windows repair CD. Boot from the disc and follow the directions for repairing Windows. Should clear your problem right up.

Post January 22nd, 2012, 4:19 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 2244
Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Location: Winchester, VA
Offline
I decided to say, "screw it." I blanked the HDD and installed the disc to recover it to an "Out-of-the-Box" state, it works fine now.


Post January 22nd, 2012, 11:58 am

Posts: 1027
Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Offline
That's one way of doing it.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Off Topic Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post