Board index ‹ Off Topic Board ‹ Off Topic Discussion ‹ Serious Computer Trouble!!!

Serious Computer Trouble!!!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post December 23rd, 2003, 9:49 pm

Posts: 1275
Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points
Location: Bay Area, CA
Offline
Recently, I was given a brand new computer running WinXP. Recently, everything went down Oblivion's drop...It wont boot up. My fault for not installing any virus scanner *smacks himself several times* but I got it to boot once, signed in and everything suddenly froze. I had no choice but to restart. I hit the reset button and now it wont boot. I've tried the recovery cd that came w/ my machine but still no success. I keep getting the message: Pri Master HDD Error and Boot Failure and stuff like that...any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Angry_Gumball

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post December 23rd, 2003, 10:05 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 1000
Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Offline
Sounds like you have a bad hard drive. Is the computer still under warranty?

Post December 28th, 2003, 3:51 am

Posts: 1275
Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points
Location: Bay Area, CA
Offline
No, no warrantee...I got a new harddrive. It's working again!

Post December 28th, 2003, 12:04 pm

Posts: 1008
Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points
Location: Illinois, USA
Offline
I bet your hard drive was formated as FAT32 instead of NTFS

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Off Topic Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post