Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion What I learned in 2 breaks-worth of political ads

What I learned in 2 breaks-worth of political ads

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

What I learned while watching two commercial-breaks-worth of Ohio political ads during "Jeopardy" tonight:

1. Ted Strickland lost 400,000 jobs for Ohio during his term as governor, and he's supporting a "job-killing" tax increase that will make business-owners want to leave Ohio. He's therefore against Ohio jobs, and can't be trusted.

2. His opponent John Kasich worked at Lehman Brothers, and encouraged Ohio to invest in the fledgling company, costing Ohio seniors millions while he got rich. He is therefore a "Wall Street guy," also against Ohio, and can't be trusted either.

3. Rep. Zack Space is guilty of lying in his campaign ad. Plus he is apparently Nanci Pelosi's right-hand man, bowing down to her liberal agenda, and helping to pass trillions of dollars in new spending that will cost Ohio 100,000 jobs. Space is against Ohio, and cannot be trusted.

4. His opponent Bob Gibbs, however, is a free trader who wants more free trade with China, and he wants to increase THEIR standard of living. He voted for NAFTA, and these trade deals cost Ohio 91,000 jobs. China even said "xie xie, Mr Gibbs." Therefore, Gibbs is against Ohio and cannot be trusted.

5. Mary Jo Kilroy is a liar. She claims to have voted against the bailout, but actually did vote for it. She is also planning to vote for a "job-killing" energy tax that could cost Ohio over 100,000 jobs. Therefore, Kilroy's liberal agenda is against Ohio, and she is a liar that cannot be trusted.

6. Her opponent Steve Stivers was a FORMER BANKING LOBBYIST, who voted against cracking down on predatory lenders and said that more oversight of mortgages was a bad idea. He is working for the banks, not us good hard-working Ohioans, and cannot be trusted.

RESULTS:
Every politician is against us hard-working Ohioans, and not a single one of them can be trusted.

CONCLUSION:
I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by cjd on October 7th, 2010, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 7th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
So it's not just in Colorado that nobody is running a single positive ad?
Originally posted by dcs221
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post October 7th, 2010, 10:21 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I would vote for Mary Jo Kilroy. Her name is just so kick-ass sounding.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post October 7th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by Omnigeek6

So it's not just in Colorado that nobody is running a single positive ad?

Colorado? Have you been on the alpine coaster at Glenwood Springs? [:D]
American Eagle Lover

Post October 7th, 2010, 10:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
I see these commercials all the time. I think only one candidate is promiting what he can do, not what their opponent has done to ruin Ohio.

Post October 7th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Strickland needs to GTFO. I live in Ohio by the way. I saw a funny sign today walking out of school saying, SAVE AMERICA, FORGET DEM & REP. NO MORE TAXES! I lolled at it.
This is not my signature.

Post October 7th, 2010, 11:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Another thing us Ohioans need to do is VOTE MARCY KAPTUR the F!@# OUT OF OFFICE. Geez shes been nothing but a waste of space. I havent heard a single good thing shes pushed or done in the last 400 years. She is like 700 years old anyways. Freakin old people in office. All they do is sit on their wealth, find more ways to build it up and keep at it.

Yea, Ohio is a pretty nasty battleground for all things politics so we have to hear this crap ALL the time. Im SOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN SICK of the ads.

Post October 7th, 2010, 11:34 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by cjd
I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Vote for the least Christian one.

And personally until your politicians start trying to extort a children's cancer research institution (seriously that happened) and trying to sell Obama's senate seat you have NOTHING to complain about as far as I'm concerned.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to Off Topic Discussion