Board index ‹ Off Topic Board ‹ Off Topic Discussion ‹ Good idea or Bad idea?

Good idea or Bad idea?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 4th, 2004, 10:34 am

Posts: 791
Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Location: St. Augustine, Florida, USA
Offline
Ok, we sold our computer about 2 months ago and now we are buying parts for a new one for me to build. The computer was going to cost $2000+ but then I decided I didn't really need all that speed because I don't do that much gaming. So I though I would just get enough for video editing and decent gaming. The price total would be around $1,200 for a 3.0E GHz 800fsb,1mb L2 Cache,512mb ram,160gb hard drive,XFX Geforce 5700 ultra, and Asus mobo,etc... So I though if I go cheaper I would be able to get a nice small high quality video camera (Canon optura 300 or even the Sony DCR-PC330 if im lucky). You think this is a good idea? The original computer was 3.4ghz,1mb ram,160GB hard drive, Asus 9800XT,Asus mobo,good sound card,$200+ speakers.

Is this a good idea?
Last edited by Xtreme15 on May 4th, 2004, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post May 4th, 2004, 4:56 pm

Posts: 1008
Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points
Location: Illinois, USA
Offline
XFX Geforce 5700 ultra -- Not a fan of it. I think you should go for the lower one, its a good choice IMO.

Post May 4th, 2004, 6:49 pm

Posts: 235
Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Offline
if you really don't do that much gaming, i would just go for the lower one and get the camera too. but that's just my opinion...[pshades]

Post May 4th, 2004, 7:22 pm

Posts: 802
Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points
Location: Pensacola, FL, USA
Offline
same with rocketboy,

but my bro only spent about 800 dollars, mabye less and built a computer with a 2.4 ghz amd athlon processor, top of the line graphics card and high quality memory and more, but also my brothers friend helped him because he knows a lot about computers and knew where to get good computer parts cheap.

Post May 4th, 2004, 7:43 pm

Posts: 791
Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Location: St. Augustine, Florida, USA
Offline
Yep, I think I am going to do that.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Off Topic Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post