Board index ‹ Off Topic Board ‹ Off Topic Discussion ‹ Photo website help

Photo website help

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 13th, 2009, 11:06 am

Posts: 5286
Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
So, Ive lost my original files for my website as it is. I know how to get the stuff back but Ive lost the actual saved files. (dont worry, I have all my photos)

This time Id like any input you guys have for your favourite photo site, what program it uses or a setup. Im looking for something that is mostly plug n play where I just throw the pictures at it, it generates the pages and links and voila - done. Ill be looking myself but I know theres a million of them out there. I used JAlbum with BananAlbum last time and it looks and works fine. But Im going to be adding more than coaster pictures this time, so I want to utilize this for a very wide...wide range. Much like a Flickr but without the annoying cap on bandwidth.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post June 13th, 2009, 11:21 am

Posts: 5286
Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
So far these catch my eye:

ZenPhoto


(will update as I find...use the demos, let me know what you think)

Post June 13th, 2009, 11:34 am

Posts: 5367
Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points
Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA
Offline
Flickr?

Post June 13th, 2009, 12:27 pm

Posts: 5286
Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
But Im not paying for all the extra bandwidth. I have far too many photos, especially at the size Id like to display. I have my own website, why not use it?

Post June 13th, 2009, 2:30 pm

Posts: 1180
Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points
Location: Texas, USA
Offline
Coppermine and Lightbox are the only ones I know of.

Post June 13th, 2009, 4:18 pm

Posts: 5627
Points on hand: 6,009.00 Points
Location: Deatsville, Alabama, USA
Offline
Here is a free gallery creator which might help you as well. It is the one I use all on the church websites and is very easy to use (and also displays a nice thumbnail view as well).

http://www.ornj.net/webalbum/

Example of finished gallery: HERE
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post June 13th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Posts: 1830
Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points
Location: London, United Kingdom
Offline
i used Plogger for some reason, its not half bad i guess...
Rarwh

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Off Topic Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post