Board index ‹ Off Topic Board ‹ Off Topic Discussion ‹ Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 3rd, 2004, 5:32 pm

Posts: 4533
Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Offline
Incase you havnt heard already rollercoastertycoon 3d has been confirmed for screen shots go to www.rollercoastertycoon2.com
Last edited by Edge on March 3rd, 2004, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post March 3rd, 2004, 5:33 pm
Oscar
User avatar

Founding Member
Founding Member

Posts: 14427
Points on hand: 1,011.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points
Location: California, USA
Steam: sleaklight
Offline
yeah, shaggy posted about it in the rct forums

Post March 3rd, 2004, 5:48 pm

Posts: 317
Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points
Location: canandaigua, ny, USA
Offline
ouch that pretzal loop looks like its gonna hurt, the second or third screen shot, now we get to see how rough are rides really are=p

Post March 3rd, 2004, 7:01 pm

Posts: 1536
Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points
Location: Etobicoke(Toronto), Is Ontario a state?, Canada
Offline
that looks creepy (and unreal)

Post March 4th, 2004, 3:39 pm

Posts: 471
Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points
Location: Mering by Augsburg, Germany
Offline
looks interresting

Post March 4th, 2004, 4:45 pm

Posts: 361
Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Richmond Heights, OH, USA
Offline
Great Chris Sawyer better make this one better than rct2. More realistic too. I wonder if Six Flags will sponsor this one too/

Post March 4th, 2004, 7:42 pm

Posts: 1612
Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
rct2 looked good because it was realistic, this looks about as good as sim-theme park. or at least that's what the 3d stuff looks like. i hope its better than that. i'll still get it either way [;)]

Post March 4th, 2004, 9:01 pm

Posts: 436
Points on hand: 4,347.00 Points
Location: Vuh geezy, VA, USA
Offline
comin out holiday season. looks a lil cheap, kinda like that sim theme park with that ant but watever

Post March 4th, 2004, 10:12 pm

Posts: 2048
Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
wow. I want it and I'm defiantely getting it, but if there isn't a way to make your coaster smooth and add custom supports, its gonna be a little dissapointing to ride the coasters. With all said, I still want it[:p]

Post March 5th, 2004, 1:31 pm

Posts: 55
Points on hand: 4,955.00 Points
Location: Cooper, Florida, USA
Offline
I personally think that the best Rct was the very first one. The game was simple yet addicting. I think that the game went to crap when atari took over. Hasbro definitely did a better job with it.

Post March 5th, 2004, 1:36 pm

Posts: 484
Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
no, rct2 was better than rct1. But all the rct2 expansions sucked.

Post March 5th, 2004, 4:13 pm

Posts: 361
Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Richmond Heights, OH, USA
Offline
I agree with B and M Fan. The first was so addicting and it was original. Number two could have been another expansion to number one. The graphics didn't even really change. All those rct2 add-ons like time twister should have just been included in the rct2 disk. They suck. Hasbro and MICROPROSE did alot better than Atari.

Post March 6th, 2004, 5:23 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 13387
Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Location: Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Offline
Originally posted by SMer

wow. I want it and I'm defiantely getting it, but if there isn't a way to make your coaster smooth and add custom supports, its gonna be a little dissapointing to ride the coasters. With all said, I still want it[:p]


Me too, i'll see my self allready in a coaster[:p][peakhill][launch]

But when i take a look at rct2 i C that you don't has a track segment: booster [confused] a launch??? where did it go???

Post March 6th, 2004, 6:34 am

Posts: 471
Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points
Location: Mering by Augsburg, Germany
Offline
Well, I think that RCT 3 doen't look that good and realistic as the RCT 1/2 does. I hate Comic-3D-Graphics like Theme Park - Manager and so on.

Bino

Post March 6th, 2004, 5:50 pm

Posts: 454
Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Offline
Its not the developers - its the fact that chris sawyer is no longer working on the game. He created all of Rct1 and i believe he was half way through working on rct2 when other developers took over. Its gone downhill ever since chris sawyer left.

Post March 7th, 2004, 1:36 pm

Posts: 361
Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Richmond Heights, OH, USA
Offline
Chris Sawyer is working on it.
"RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is being developed by Frontier Developments, Ltd. of Cambridge, England, in conjunction with Chris Sawyer, the creator and sole developer of the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise."

That's a direct quote from the website.

Post March 7th, 2004, 10:44 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 5225
Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Offline
Yeah I noticed that yesterday when I was trying to find hacks for RCT2, looks interesting, I hope they make it where you can have more elements to impress your guest, and limit the # of rides, where it's kind of like the original where you just change the car, not the track. But now they no longer have people walking by bathroom one saying I can't find bathroom one.

Post March 7th, 2004, 10:48 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 5225
Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Offline
[quote]I agree with B and M Fan.
The first was so addicting and it was original.
 Number two could have been another expansion to number one.
 The graphics didn't even really change. All those rct2 add-ons like time
 twister should have just been included in the rct2 disk.
 They suck. Hasbro and MICROPROSE did alot better than Atari.
-Austinpowers5[/quote]

I agree, I found RCT a lot more appealing and fun than RCT2. the graphics in RCT 3D don't look that appealing, but hey maybe the gameplay will make up for that. And I do hope either Six Flags or Cedar Fair L.t sponsor this game, that would be awsome.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Off Topic Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post