Board index ‹ Off Topic Board ‹ Off Topic Discussion ‹ Building new computer!

Building new computer!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 14th, 2004, 5:58 pm

Posts: 791
Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Location: St. Augustine, Florida, USA
Offline
Hey all im working on getting a new computer. We are buying parts almost every week now. Here are the specs for what im getting!

Case-- ANTEC Performance Plus Metallic Gray ( Price $69)

Power Supply-- Antec 550 Watt Power Supply With 2 Fan Control Panel (Price $99)

CPU-- Intel P4 3.2E GHz 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, HT Technology (Price $281)

Motherboard-- Asus P4P800-E Deluxe (Price $116)

System Drive-- 2 WD Raptor 36.7GB 10,000RPM Hard Drive in Raid 0 (Price $223 for both. OEM)

Storage Drive-- WD 160GB 7,200 Hard Drive OEM (Price $104)

Memory-- Corsair 1GB Duel Channel DDR PC-3200 (Price $178 or $256. Not sure if im going to get XMS)

Video Card-- ATI X800 XT -- (Price $435)

Sound Card-- Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 PCI Sound Card (Price $72)

Speakers-- ALTEC LANSING 251 5.1 Amplified Speaker System (Price $67)

OS-- Windows XP Home OEM (Price $90)

So far I have got the CDRW, DVDRW, Floppy, Case, CRT and Power Supply. Tomorrow I am getting the sound card and speakers then the video card will be after that. I have no computer to use at my house. I have been going to my grandmothers to use her computer so I cant wait to get one of my own again. We sold my last one for $400 to my moms work.
Last edited by Xtreme15 on June 15th, 2004, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post June 14th, 2004, 6:36 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 5229
Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Offline
I hate you, your computer is gonna kick ass.

Post June 14th, 2004, 7:04 pm

Posts: 735
Points on hand: 1.00 Points
Location: Spain
Offline
--------------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 15th, 2004, 9:41 am

Posts: 18
Points on hand: 2,618.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
Wow. That computer owns mine.

Post June 15th, 2004, 10:30 am

Posts: 791
Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Location: St. Augustine, Florida, USA
Offline
I may not get the 3.2Eghz cpu, prices are suppose to go down on the 3.4ghz cpu. So I will se how it plays out and im getting the CPU last (In August) so prices will be down by that time and I think Intel is going to release some new cpus today.

Post June 15th, 2004, 1:17 pm

Posts: 1008
Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points
Location: Illinois, USA
Offline
meh, i think you should go 2.8, more stable, then get liquid cooling and overclock it to 3.4. also, imo, 120GB WD's HD last long, more stable, so 2 120 GB would be better imo. make sure you get 120mm fans, quiter and better.

Post June 15th, 2004, 1:31 pm
qex

Posts: 34
Points on hand: 3,629.00 Points
Location: Norway
Offline
i don't know how the price is on the 160gb compared to two 120, but both me and a friend have WD 160gb discs and there has never been any trouble with them at all.

Post June 15th, 2004, 1:36 pm

Posts: 791
Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Location: St. Augustine, Florida, USA
Offline
I installed a new WD 160 hard drive on my grandmothers computer (im using it now) and we have not had any trouble with it at all. I will post the prices of what im getting.


Edit--- Look at my 1st post to see prices. Some of the things have went up like the power supply is now $114. I will be getting all of my stuff from www.newegg.com there prices are GREAT. The only thing im not getting at newegg.com is the ATI X800 XT, I will be getting that from www.gateway.com They are cheaper then everyone else for that.

Post June 15th, 2004, 1:58 pm

Posts: 1983
Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points
Offline
Omg nice work!

Look at this very cool case i found on there
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp ... 140-08.JPG

Post June 16th, 2004, 5:21 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 5229
Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Offline
you could always wait until Intel releases their 64 bit mother board/cpu, but I don't know when that's gonna happen. I was reading an article about it. And you can get the radion x800 pro for only $409, follow me over the magic rainbow[r]over to the magical http://www.pricewatch.com/

Post June 16th, 2004, 5:30 pm

Posts: 791
Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Location: St. Augustine, Florida, USA
Offline
I would,but im going to let the 64 bit get into full swing and thats about 2006 or so. :(

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to Off Topic Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post